Race War: ISLAM: BLM: KKK: NAACP: Black Panthers

ORWELL'S NIGHTMARE IS BECOMING OUR REALITY!

Re: Race War: ISLAM: BLM: KKK: NAACP: Black Panthers

Postby Gopher » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:49 pm

right wing polling site, Rasmussen Reports (43 percent)"

The only poling site who got the margin of error correct in the Presidential election. Sunday night football was down another 5% from last week. The NFL will not GAIN any viewers from these protests. No one will become a football fan because of kneeling or sitting players. Rather, the league will only LOSE viewers because of the uproar.
Gopher
Carl The Groundskeeper

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:13 pm

Last weeks Monday Night Football ratings were down 11%. This weeks ratings are down another 13%.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby PharmGirl » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:37 pm

My dad who is a football fanatic hasn't watched a single NFL game.
PharmGirl

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:50 pm

I can say that I have joined him.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Cate McCalley » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:46 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:I can say that I have joined him.

Again, this is a divisive issue. Some feel the NFL players are offending our national honor by taking a knee during the National Anthem. Others believe their action is not disrespecting our nation’s honor, but see their protest as calling attention to the injustices permitted within our nations judicial system.

The symbol of Justice is an equal scale held by a blindfolded woman. Theoretically Justice is blind. Using it’s balanced scale in a system that does not see, but feels the unequal weight of the burden of wrong doing. Justice is served when the scale is, once again, equally balanced.

There is nothing balanced in a judicial system that is accessible to the ‘haves’ and inaccessible for the ‘have nots’. The scales of Justice are no longer primarily used, to correct the inequality of wrong. They are balanced by the weight of money that tips the scale to favor those that have it, and punish those that don’t.

Unfortunately minority communities are most affected by unequal justice, but they are not alone. Our Judicial system is blind when it comes to any color but green. The O.J. Simpson trial proved this. O.J.’s race didn’t tip the scale of Justice, his money did.

I know it’s upsetting to anyone that believes our national anthem should be honored and respected by standing. It’s our tradition to stand in unity to acknowledge those that fought and died for freedom and independence from tyranny.

Perhaps there are better ways to protest injustice? But as long as people are peacefully protesting, exercising their constitutional right to speak out against injustice, I can’t condone punishing them for failing to find a less than patriotic way of doing it.

I believe Trump himself, did more to unify and advance player and league protests, by cussing the players and demanding they be fired, than any subversive organization could have accomplished. He doesn’t understand what it means to leave well enough alone. Then again, bullies never do.

Time & Tide Changes Everything
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Cate McCalley » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:47 pm

There’s a history of changing attitudes about peaceful public protest.

In the sixties when civil rights leader Martin Luther King, Jr. was taking a knee in prayer with political leaders, polls then showed the average level of public approval was 34%. According to polls, on average 66% of the American public disapproved of King’s peaceful public protest.

Today very few (if any) could legitimately say King’s method was wrong. Ultimately Martin Luther King, Jr.s’ fight for equality cost him his life. He knew this was a price he would pay. He referenced it in his last speech, where he spoke of our First Amendment right to protest.

https://youtu.be/98k-pjN6nl0

I suggest to those that are taking issue with the NFL players right to peacefully protest are on the wrong side of history. These players have united to publically protest injustice. It happens to be on the one platform available to them, that can be viewed by the masses.

Like Martin Luther King, Jr. these players have taken a public stand to protest institutialized racism. Considering the price Martin Luther King, Jr. paid, I don’t believe any one of them is much bothered by viewer ratings.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Political Plague » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:08 am

The NFL’s operations manual, which, unlike its rule book, is not available to the public, states:

“During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”

Read more at http://mobile.wnd.com/2017/09/busted-nf ... TcYMcjE.99
Political Plague

Postby Cate McCalley » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:43 pm

Political Plague wrote:The NFL’s operations manual, which, unlike its rule book, is not available to the public, states:

“During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”

Read more at http://mobile.wnd.com/2017/09/busted-nf ... TcYMcjE.99

Did you the posted video (above) of Martin Luther King Jr’s last public speech? Maybe not. Or you couldn’t have missed his message about illegal injunctions on free speech.

Which do you value more, the right to peacefully protest injustice, or the suppression of peaceful protest that calls attention to injustice?

Protesting the right to peacefully protest, is much more of an affront to our Contitution’s guarantees, than the Americans refusing to stand when the words ‘land of the free’ are being broadcast, if and when those words don’t ring true for people experiencing injustice.

It may be true NFL players are alienating people that view them as unpatriotic, disrespecting our nation’s traditions. If patriotism is really at the heart of the condemnation of these players actions, why wouldn’t their actions be interpreted as patriotic? In so much as they’re protesting against government abuses within our Justice system?

Could it be these the boycott of NFL games are not at about true patriotism? Is it possible the boycott is to punish those exercising their right to peacefully protest, as guaranteed by our Constitution? The patriotic authors of our Constituion not only addressed the necessity of peaceful protest against government abuses, they clearly saw a need to protect them.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Cornbread » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:54 pm

The Cowboy's owner Jerry Jones has said if any player doesn't stand for the National Anthem they won't play. It's a job, and the boss has spoken.
Cornbread
Django

Postby upallnight » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:58 am

http://www.drudgereport.com

GOODELL: 'EVERYONE SHOULD STAND'...
California Breakup with NFL; No Fan Support...
ESPN Host: Jerry Jones Slave Owner...
NAACP: COWBOYS Boss Violating Constitutional Rights...
College Quarterback Dismissed From Team After Kneeling For Anthem...
upallnight

Postby Demon Hunter » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:05 pm

The NFL's Commissioner is finally making a move after ratings are down 20% from last year. Well it's to little to late. We are now entering Phase 2 of the self destruction of the NFL. These arrogant bastards will not be able to simply stand with respect for the Anthem... I am predicting that they will try to protest somehow, like the whole linking arms bit. They just don't want to get it. Protest on your own time and your own dime. When you are on the field and in uniform, you are protesting on the fans time and the fans dime, and many of them don't want to see it. I say "them" because I have no intention of watching myself.
Demon Hunter

Postby Cate McCalley » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:28 pm

I’ve heard everything ultimately works for good. Maybe some of you football addicts will do something constructive and meaningful with your time away from the entertainment center. Like help with the housework, or visit a nursing home?

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby VoteMout » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:38 pm

Cate McCalley wrote:I’ve heard everything ultimately works for good. Maybe some of you football addicts will do something constructive and meaningful with your time away from the entertainment center. Like help with the housework, or visit a nursing home?

Your right Cate. I have been doing different things on Sundays.
VoteMout

Postby Cate McCalley » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:05 pm

VoteMout wrote:
Cate McCalley wrote:I’ve heard everything ultimately works for good. Maybe some of you football addicts will do something constructive and meaningful with your time away from the entertainment center. Like help with the housework, or visit a nursing home?

Your right Cate. I have been doing different things on Sundays.

Constructive, I hope. :?

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Demon Hunter » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:47 pm

I drink more beer lol.
Demon Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome to the United Police States of America