Harlan Co - Harlan Ind: (Sports)

Chat about Harlan County schools.

Re: Harlan Co - Harlan Ind: (Sports)

Postby GoDan » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:33 pm

Noah Busroe has won the Wah Wah Jones award.
GoDan

Postby CrissyAlwaysSunny » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:18 am

The Lady Dragons and the Lady Bears will meet for the District Championship. The Bears have won both meetings this year.
CrissyAlwaysSunny

Postby Legion » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:00 am

CrissyAlwaysSunny wrote:The Lady Dragons and the Lady Bears will meet for the District Championship. The Bears have won both meetings this year.

I hope they televise that one.
Legion
Always A Bride

Postby Pappy » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:57 pm

Legion wrote:
CrissyAlwaysSunny wrote:The Lady Dragons and the Lady Bears will meet for the District Championship. The Bears have won both meetings this year.

I hope they televise that one.

ESPN 2
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:40 am

Harlan City boys knocked off Bell last night to go to the district championship. Bell had beaten Harlan twice this season, and I might add I predicted this one. So it will be a all Dragon/Bears finals for the boys and girls. Even though the Bears have beaten the Dragons in both of their games this year I think the Lady Dragons will win this one on the back of Jordan Brock. On the boys side I see the Bears having little trouble with the Dragons. Emotions may keep it close for a while but the Bears will pull away.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby CrissyAlwaysSunny » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:54 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:Harlan City boys knocked off Bell last night to go to the district championship. Bell had beaten Harlan twice this season, and I might add I predicted this one. So it will be a all Dragon/Bears finals for the boys and girls. Even though the Bears have beaten the Dragons in both of their games this year I think the Lady Dragons will win this one on the back of Jordan Brock. On the boys side I see the Bears having little trouble with the Dragons. Emotions may keep it close for a while but the Bears will pull away.

Let's hope you are right about the girls game G!
CrissyAlwaysSunny

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:47 am

Here ya go. The Lady Bears got off to a hot start and the Dragons couldn't throw one in. They were down 20 at one point in the second quarter. The Dragons slowly got back into the game when Brock started raining down three's from everywhere. She hit 7 straight three's in the fourth quarter to end with a game high 48 points. Including 24 in the fourth quarter. I listened to the game on 97am and the call of the night went something like this. "Brock banks one in from Baxter." The Dragons were only able to get within three, and Brock was the only Dragon in double figures. Not to take anything away from the Bears who's our 52nd District Champions. While I missed my prediction I was right that the Dragons only chance would be on the back of Brock, and she delivered. It's UK's loss by not recruiting her.

Green who will be attending UK fell one rebound short of having a triple double she had 31 points, 10 assists, and 9 rebounds, and her partner in crime Gross hit 7 out of 10 shots for 22 points. Harlan County will be represented well in Regional Tournament.

Wonder if the the city is rethinking not letting the county host the tournament with both boys and girls making it to the region?
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby CrissyAlwaysSunny » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:04 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:Here ya go. The Lady Bears got off to a hot start and the Dragons couldn't throw one in. They were down 20 at one point in the second quarter. The Dragons slowly got back into the game when Brock started raining down three's from everywhere. She hit 7 straight three's in the fourth quarter to end with a game high 48 points. Including 24 in the fourth quarter. I listened to the game on 97am and the call of the night went something like this. "Brock banks one in from Baxter." The Dragons were only able to get within three, and Brock was the only Dragon in double figures. Not to take anything away from the Bears who's our 52nd District Champions. While I missed my prediction I was right that the Dragons only chance would be on the back of Brock, and she delivered. It's UK's loss by not recruiting her.

Green who will be attending UK fell one rebound short of having a triple double she had 31 points, 10 assists, and 9 rebounds, and her partner in crime Gross hit 7 out of 10 shots for 22 points. Harlan County will be represented well in Regional Tournament.

Wonder if the the city is rethinking not letting the county host the tournament with both boys and girls making it to the region?

The best game I've ever seen
CrissyAlwaysSunny

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:34 am

I hear that one of the coaches for the Bears posted on Facebook that it was one of the best single performances he had
ever witnessed. Oh he's catching flack from the bear faithful.
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Demon Hunter » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:32 am

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:I hear that one of the coaches for the Bears posted on Facebook that it was one of the best single performances he had

That's a easy enough answered question. A certain players family doesn't want Brock at UK.
Demon Hunter

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:34 am

Demon Hunter wrote:
GFunkMoneyDog wrote:I hear that one of the coaches for the Bears posted on Facebook that it was one of the best single performances he had

That's a easy enough answered question. A certain players family doesn't want Brock at UK.

I had another person tell me the exact same thing.
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby CrissyAlwaysSunny » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:28 pm

If so it shows a weakness in the coaching staff.
CrissyAlwaysSunny

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:41 pm

The Lady Dragons and Lady Bears won their first round regional game. For the second game in a row Brock was the only player for the Dragons who had double figures. She's going to have to get some help from someone.
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:35 am

The girls 13th regional championship will feature the Dragons vs the Bears. I'm very proud to see Harlan County represented so well. The Bears have a psychological advantage by beating the Dragons three times this year. Not to mention a size advantage. We know that Brock and Green will get theirs. The Dragons just dont have a answer against Gross. it's the playoffs and anything can happen. My money is on HHS. Just a side note. This is the 4th year in a row that the Dragons have made it to the regional finals.
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby CrissyAlwaysSunny » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:06 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:The girls 13th regional championship will feature the Dragons vs the Bears. I'm very proud to see Harlan County represented so well. The Bears have a psychological advantage by beating the Dragons three times this year. Not to mention a size advantage. We know that Brock and Green will get theirs. The Dragons just dont have a answer against Gross. it's the playoffs and anything can happen. My money is on HHS. Just a side note. This is the 4th year in a row that the Dragons have made it to the regional finals.

I'm highly impressed that a single A school from Harlan County has represented the 13th region for the fourth year in a row.
CrissyAlwaysSunny

PreviousNext

Return to Harlan County Schools