Chat about Harlan County schools.

Sno Go!

Postby Jack Rabbit » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:04 pm

No school for the county school system Monday 1-10-11 :(
Jack Rabbit

Re: No School for 1-10-2011

Postby DarkFairy » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:53 pm

YaY..... (can you hear the sarcasm?)
“One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation”
Thomas Brackett Reed
DarkFairy

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:22 pm

Plenty of school in July...
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby DarkFairy » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:05 am

Joe Average Whiteguy wrote:Plenty of school in July...

Yeah, and I HATE that!! Takes away from the kids break as well as the adults who would like to go on a vacation at some time...lol I can't really complain though, this year the missed days were understandable, what makes me mad is when they miss days they could have been in session that day.
“One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation”
Thomas Brackett Reed
DarkFairy

Postby Jack Rabbit » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:18 am

DarkFairy wrote:YaY..... (can you hear the sarcasm?)

Just for your""Sarcasm"" im predicting no School Tuesday or Wednesday either.haha
Tuesday
Snow
Hi: 31°
POP: 80% Snow. Snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches. Total snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches. Highs in the lower 30s. Light winds. Chance of precipitation 80 percent.
Jack Rabbit

Postby DarkFairy » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:24 am

Jack Rabbit wrote:

Just for your""Sarcasm"" im predicting no School Tuesday or Wednesday either.haha
Tuesday
Snow
Hi: 31°
POP: 80% Snow. Snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches. Total snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches. Highs in the lower 30s. Light winds. Chance of precipitation 80 percent.

:shock: :?
Thomas Brackett Reed
DarkFairy

Postby Wild » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:01 am

Hey Rabbit you keep that up and I will have to come hunting my fur coat again this winter.
People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one, sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. -Marilyn
Negative people will bring you down. Positive people will bring you up... Make the right choice of the people you have in your life.
Wild
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Jack Rabbit » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:21 pm

Wild wrote:Hey Rabbit you keep that up and I will have to come hunting my fur coat again this winter.

Ill be waiting. :lol:
Jack Rabbit

Postby Wild » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:24 pm

You mean a hiding?? Right?? I have looked for it for the past 3 yrs and still aint a got it..lol :lol:
People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one, sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. -Marilyn
Negative people will bring you down. Positive people will bring you up... Make the right choice of the people you have in your life.
Wild
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Jack Rabbit » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:25 pm

Wild wrote:You mean a hiding?? Right?? I have looked for it for the past 3 yrs and still aint a got it..lol :lol:

Yep im good like this. ;)
Jack Rabbit

Postby Wild » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:26 pm

You know how bad I hate puzzles so just be glad I havent gotten in the mood to figure any out here lately. lol :D
Wild
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Jennifer » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:06 am

I've never been a huge fan of summer break, in my eyes it just not realistic for children in the sense that in the real life we don't get summer break.. I'm getting really worried about my children's education at this point, I can only do so much from home while they are here. This has been 3 straight years that at some point during the winter months we have has so many snow days. I'm a huge fan of consistency is the key to education.

Although I am highly dependent on the buses, I want my kids to be safe and I've had so much fun with them home. But at what point will educators see that this is not working? I just wonder if anyone has thought of having a nontraditional calender school year? I'm sure most will not understand, but vacations and running lose in the summer time is fun, but what about the fundamentals of education.

I've allotted 2 hours of school time work for them everyday, but along with not being a proficient in math and spelling lol in some things I'm lost. Not only that but alot of their therapy is set up to be done at school, so they don't have to miss class. I'm kinda getting really worried.
Bring me your abused,bring me your lost souls looking for a home.Bring me the weak and sick,bring me the forgotten ones huddled on the street.{RB}
Jennifer
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Jack Rabbit » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:55 am

Jennifer wrote:I've never been a huge fan of summer break, in my eyes it just not realistic for children in the sense that in the real life we don't get summer break.. I'm getting really worried about my children's education at this point, I can only do so much from home while they are here. This has been 3 straight years that at some point during the winter months we have has so many snow days. I'm a huge fan of consistency is the key to education.

Although I am highly dependent on the buses, I want my kids to be safe and I've had so much fun with them home. But at what point will educators see that this is not working? I just wonder if anyone has thought of having a nontraditional calender school year? I'm sure most will not understand, but vacations and running lose in the summer time is fun, but what about the fundamentals of education.

I've allotted 2 hours of school time work for them everyday, but along with not being a proficient in math and spelling lol in some things I'm lost. Not only that but alot of their therapy is set up to be done at school, so they don't have to miss class. I'm kinda getting really worried.

Take a chill pill and quit worrying so much Jennifer it`ll be alright. ;)
Jack Rabbit

Postby Jack Rabbit » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:14 am

Well DF im still mad about your Sarcasm,Soooooo im predicting NO SCHOOL for the rest of the WEEK. :shock:
Jack Rabbit

Postby BabyBlue » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:34 am

You know..in china the kids dont get a summer break and they go to school every day.lol..The kids over here would throw a hissy fit if we made them go to school all the time.Their brains would explode. :lol: :D
Don't Drink and Drive. The life you save could be your own.
BabyBlue

Next

Return to Harlan County Schools