Archery Program Dropped @ HCHS

Chat about Harlan County schools.

Re: Archery Program Dropped @ HCHS

Postby FallenAngel » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:21 am

First Amendment wrote:I still believe that the superintendent's position should be an elected seat.

I agree 100%!
“Stop trying to fit in when you were born to stand out.”
FallenAngel
The Fallen One

Postby Unbridled Spirit » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:24 am

I agree too! Imagine the race that would be!
Unbridled Spirit

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:34 pm

First Amendment wrote:I still believe that the superintendent's position should be an elected seat.

I believe the superintendents position should be abolished... At least until all of the Saylor family have either died out, or moved on to greener pastures...
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby guest » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:58 am

The students had to practice in the basement of the school it was not big enough for the distance they needed to shoot in competition. They were not allowed to practice in the gym,They can't practice outside in the winter. Archery was the top new sport in a poll taken by the middle school students before the new school opened. "We will offer other sports in case little Johnny is not good enough to make the basketball,football or baseball team its going to be wonderfull" YEA RIGHT!

Postby Legion » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:18 pm

Is archery still unavailable?
Legion
Always A Bride

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:22 pm

Legion wrote:Is archery still unavailable?

You can arch all you want... Just get you a bow and and arrow or two...
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:35 pm

Angry Whiteguy wrote:

Could be the government not wanting our children taught to use any type of weapon. :twisted:
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby DarkFairy » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:55 pm

guest wrote:The students had to practice in the basement of the school it was not big enough for the distance they needed to shoot in competition. They were not allowed to practice in the gym,They can't practice outside in the winter. Archery was the top new sport in a poll taken by the middle school students before the new school opened. "We will offer other sports in case little Johnny is not good enough to make the basketball,football or baseball team its going to be wonderfull" YEA RIGHT!

Why couldn't they practice outside in the Winter? Will they melt or freeze quicker than anyone else? I am pretty sure the Football team will play a game even if it is pouring snow outside...matter of fact...I have sit and watched quite a few while it was snowing! So the excuse of 'winter' isn't good enough...try again!

They should of been allowed to practice outside when they needed to, only reason I would think they might not let them was if it was Storming outside....otherwise, those kids ain't going to melt!
“One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation”
Thomas Brackett Reed
DarkFairy

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:44 am

DarkFairy wrote:
guest wrote:The students had to practice in the basement of the school it was not big enough for the distance they needed to shoot in competition. They were not allowed to practice in the gym,They can't practice outside in the winter. Archery was the top new sport in a poll taken by the middle school students before the new school opened. "We will offer other sports in case little Johnny is not good enough to make the basketball,football or baseball team its going to be wonderfull" YEA RIGHT!

Why couldn't they practice outside in the Winter? Will they melt or freeze quicker than anyone else? I am pretty sure the Football team will play a game even if it is pouring snow outside...matter of fact...I have sit and watched quite a few while it was snowing! So the excuse of 'winter' isn't good enough...try again!

They should of been allowed to practice outside when they needed to, only reason I would think they might not let them was if it was Storming outside....otherwise, those kids ain't going to melt!

You do realize there is a major highway adjacent to the school don't you..?
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby fairviewcrew » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:57 pm

Angry Whiteguy wrote:
DarkFairy wrote:

:lol: I'm sorry, but that is funny. I had a visual image of arrows flying past drivers and flattening tires. That would be a crazy sight....
America is woven of many strands. I would recognize them and let it so remain. Our fate is to become one, and yet many.This is not prophecy, but description.
Ralph Ellison
fairviewcrew

Postby fairviewcrew » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:59 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:
Angry Whiteguy wrote:

Could be the government not wanting our children taught to use any type of weapon. :twisted:

Other school have archery. Unless by government, you mean this specific school board, that doesn't seem to be the case.
America is woven of many strands. I would recognize them and let it so remain. Our fate is to become one, and yet many.This is not prophecy, but description.
Ralph Ellison
fairviewcrew

Postby DarkFairy » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:44 pm

Angry Whiteguy wrote:
DarkFairy wrote:

Seriously now Whitey.....you do realize they can aim in another direction don't you?
“One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation”
Thomas Brackett Reed
DarkFairy

Postby Legion » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:58 am

Angry Whiteguy wrote:
DarkFairy wrote:

Their is also a mountain in the other direction.
Legion
Always A Bride

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:39 am

There also some serious damn people on here...
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby DarkFairy » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:46 pm

Angry Whiteguy wrote:There also some serious damn people on here...

Absolutely! I am serious about giving you a hard time anytime I can (same as you do to me). 8-)

I guess I shouldn't have said seriously.....oops, my bad! :lol:
Thomas Brackett Reed
DarkFairy

Previous

Return to Harlan County Schools