HCHS Principal has to approve prom dresses

Chat about Harlan County schools.

Re: HCHS Principal has to approve prom dresses

Postby ScArEcRoW » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:41 pm

Angry Whiteguy wrote:You're all laying the blame at the wrong feet... She didn't just invent these rules and regulations... They were already on the books... Parents do not take the time to read a fourth of the shit that comes home with their children... I'm sure they had it in their hands at one time... What they chose to do with it is not the fault of the administrator... Rules are not bad things!!! Without rule there is chaos..! If the little snots don't want to abide by the rules let them go elsewhere... Harlan City will take em, so will Bell County, Lee county, Leslie, or Letcher...

Rules are needed.
ScArEcRoW
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Unbridled Spirit » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:55 pm

I have had a few girls tell me that when they took her pics in on their phone for Mrs. Burkhart to approve that she kept flipping thru the pics until they asked for their phones back. Thats kind of odd to me!
Unbridled Spirit

Postby Pappy » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:08 pm

Unbridled Spirit wrote:I have had a few girls tell me that when they took her pics in on their phone for Mrs. Burkhart to approve that she kept flipping thru the pics until they asked for their phones back. Thats kind of odd to me!

Looking just like you do @ Jaws Avatar :lol: :lol:
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby Meadow » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:20 pm

This is like, well we have these rules, but we will follow them when we feel like it. This should have been done previously. Not saying that I agree with it, because I don't. But rules are rules. However, it should have been enforced long ago, as the others were. Not just all of a sudden. If a prom dress has already been purchased, this is where I would be upset. Granted, I think some of the dresses look rather vulgar myself, that is my opinion. It affects me in no way or the other if I girl wants to wear something like that to her prom. If anything, if they wanna enforce this, they should give a heads up, for next year, that this is going to be the rule. Not just a few months before the prom is scheduled. It's never been done before, so people are pissed, and they have a right to be. Those dresses cost A LOT of money.
Meadow

Postby ScArEcRoW » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:33 pm

A cheerleaders dress was disapproved today until the mother went to school bitching. So their are rules, but only for certain students.
ScArEcRoW
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Gurt B Frobe » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:45 pm

PharmGirl wrote:She is morally superior to parents and knows what is best for your daughter. #Holier-Than-Thou-Attitudes

10 to 1 she has a tattoo.
“When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads.”
― Ron Paul
Gurt B Frobe
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Legion » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:22 am

ScArEcRoW wrote:A cheerleaders dress was disapproved today until the mother went to school bitching. So their are rules, but only for certain students.

Let that happen to a student who doesn't participate in school activities and it will be a different outcome. Maybe she thinks if she acts like a Jailer it will help get B.J. elected.
Legion
Always A Bride

Postby Legion » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:29 am

Legion
Always A Bride

Postby clark bailey » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:14 am

Okay the news article isn't matching comments made in here and on social media that I have read. hmmmmmmm
clark bailey

Postby Pappy » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:04 pm

clark bailey wrote:Okay the news article isn't matching comments made in here and on social media that I have read. hmmmmmmm

Don't believe anything you hear in here.
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby Legion » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:08 pm

clark bailey wrote:Okay the news article isn't matching comments made in here and on social media that I have read. hmmmmmmm

It never does.
Legion
Always A Bride

Postby Pappy » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:59 pm

Legion wrote:

It never does.

If you want the truth ask me or Angry Whiteguy we don't lie.
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby Gurt B Frobe » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:28 pm

Notice how a child was blamed in the article?
“When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads.”
― Ron Paul
Gurt B Frobe
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Unbridled Spirit » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:46 pm

http://harlandaily.com/news/home_top-ne ... smartphone
Mrs. Burkhart says in the article that she has NOT disapproved any prom dress. That is NOT true.
Unbridled Spirit

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:42 pm

Unbridled Spirit wrote:http://harlandaily.com/news/home_top-news/3571704/Prom-dress-saga-at-HCHS?template=art_smartphone
Mrs. Burkhart says in the article that she has NOT disapproved any prom dress. That is NOT true.

I'll bet she approves of my attire...
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

PreviousNext

Return to Harlan County Schools