HCHS Principal has to approve prom dresses

Chat about Harlan County schools.

HCHS Principal has to approve prom dresses

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:42 pm

I have had three emails regarding this subject so I thought I might as well post it. It seems that Mrs. Burkhart the principal at HCHS has demanded that all girls attending the prom must show her a photo of their dress and have it approved before attending the prom. In my opinion she should be worried about football players receiving grades they didn't earn (rumor), or maybe worrying about testing scores. How about working to improve ACT math scores. Do we need to bring up school lunches again? Never heard of a dress code for the prom.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Re: HCHS Principal has to approve prom dresses

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:58 am

I like it... Most of em go dressed like hookers... It is a prom not an orgy...
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby Legion » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:37 am

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:I have had three emails regarding this subject so I thought I might as well post it. It seems that Mrs. Burkhart the principal at HCHS has demanded that all girls attending the prom must show her a photo of their dress and have it approved before attending the prom. In my opinion she should be worried about football players receiving grades they didn't earn (rumor), or maybe worrying about testing scores. How about working to improve ACT math scores. Do we need to bring up school lunches again? Never heard of a dress code for the prom.

I'm purchasing my granddaughter's dress this year and Mrs. Burkhart can mind her own business.
Legion
Always A Bride

Postby Pappy » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:06 am

Angry Whiteguy wrote:I like it... Most of em go dressed like hookers... It is a prom not an orgy...

LMAO. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby Gurt B Frobe » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:13 am

Power has gone to her head. Since she has decided to approve the dresses she needs to pay for them. She could buy them all wholesale from a uniform company. The kids could sew their own swastikas on them.
“When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads.”
― Ron Paul
Gurt B Frobe
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Pappy » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:02 pm

Legion wrote:
GFunkMoneyDog wrote:I have had three emails regarding this subject so I thought I might as well post it. It seems that Mrs. Burkhart the principal at HCHS has demanded that all girls attending the prom must show her a photo of their dress and have it approved before attending the prom. In my opinion she should be worried about football players receiving grades they didn't earn (rumor), or maybe worrying about testing scores. How about working to improve ACT math scores. Do we need to bring up school lunches again? Never heard of a dress code for the prom.

I'm purchasing my granddaughter's dress this year and Mrs. Burkhart can mind her own business.

Made from them Stained Sweats. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:23 pm

Site Based Council meeting today, Many parents, and business owners plan on being in attendance.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby neighbor » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:35 pm

my daughter has bought her prom dress already, and paid a good price for it.!
I Hope theres no controversy over her dress. I always make certain that my daughter does dress appropriate for school, and I sure would hate for someone to tell me that she could not wear what has already been purchased. I think theres gonna be a lot of mad parents. IS this religious matters or what.?

[i]
Every time I think that I am getting old, and gradually going to the grave, something else happens.

neighbor

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:23 pm

They had a meeting and their is a policy in place that was started when the school was opened, but never enforced. The principal will be approving and disapproving dresses.
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby jeepers creepers » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:26 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:They had a meeting and their is a policy in place that was started when the school was opened, but never enforced. The principal will be approving and disapproving dresses.

I like it!!
"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"
jeepers creepers
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Gurt B Frobe » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:11 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:They had a meeting and their is a policy in place that was started when the school was opened, but never enforced. The principal will be approving and disapproving dresses.

There should be no problem unless the parents were not sent the guidelines that were outlined in the policy. I would recommend small claims court to those who paid for the dress, not "approved" and not made aware of guidelines.
“When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads.”
― Ron Paul
Gurt B Frobe
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:34 pm

Gurt B Frobe wrote:

There should be no problem unless the parents were not sent the guidelines that were outlined in the policy. I would recommend small claims court to those who paid for the dress, not "approved" and not made aware of guidelines.

I agree that guidelines should have been sent to the parents. I know the dress code for my daughters school clothes because it's in writing and I have read it. The Principal had a meeting today with junior & senior girls attending the prom and informed them that no tattoo's can be visible.
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby neighbor » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:46 pm

that's nitpicking now.. I am sure theres a lot of tattoos , tho I don't like them. my kid don't have them
but I think that's carrying things a lil too far now. She should be worrying about other things ...

[i]
Every time I think that I am getting old, and gradually going to the grave, something else happens.

neighbor

Postby PharmGirl » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:51 pm

She is morally superior to parents and knows what is best for your daughter. #Holier-Than-Thou-Attitudes
PharmGirl

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:51 pm

You're all laying the blame at the wrong feet... She didn't just invent these rules and regulations... They were already on the books... Parents do not take the time to read a fourth of the shit that comes home with their children... I'm sure they had it in their hands at one time... What they chose to do with it is not the fault of the administrator... Rules are not bad things!!! Without rule there is chaos..! If the little snots don't want to abide by the rules let them go elsewhere... Harlan City will take em, so will Bell County, Lee county, Leslie, or Letcher...
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Next

Return to Harlan County Schools