Harlan COUNTY Schools Safety - WAKE UP

Chat about Harlan County schools.

Harlan COUNTY Schools Safety - WAKE UP

Postby DREAMER » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:39 am

When will Harlan County Schools start paying attention to making our schools here safer? I know of several schools which have unlocked doors that anyone can walk into during the day! The many schools shootings across the country should prove that they can happen anywhere! Wake up and get something done! While I know even the best security doesn't prove to be a guarantee against lunacy, at least they are an attempt which may help save lives!!! I applaud Harlan Independent for doing everything possible to keep intruders at bay. They have done this for several years - - long before this recent event! Keep it up!! But Harlan County - - please get your act together for the sake of our children!!!
DREAMER

Re: Harlan COUNTY Schools Safety - WAKE UP

Postby DREAMER » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:43 am

I know the new County High School has excellent precautions in place. But I know at least three of the elementary schools do not! I am not familiar enough with the others to say if they are any safer. Policy and procedure are not enough if access can be gained through unlocked doors - - some in the back - - some on the side!!!
DREAMER

Postby RAP » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:21 am

Security has slacked in Harlan Elementary. Used to it annoyed me because I had to wait at a locked door to gain entrance. I hope this will make them even more aggravating when it comes to the safety of our children. I would rather be inconvenienced than in mourning. :cry: :cry:
Happiness keeps you sweet, Trials keeps you strong, Sorrows keeps you human, Life keeps you humble, Success keeps you glowing, But true friends keep you going.
RAP
The Waltons

Postby Gurt B Frobe » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:30 pm

95% of school shooting are by students, so beefing up outer security won't help much.
“When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads.”
― Ron Paul
Gurt B Frobe
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby the fluke » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:59 pm

i went to the grade school building to pay my taxes and walked right into the lunchroom area and through the gym could have been anyone but me good thing i wqas just paying taxes. :o
the fluke
the fluke
Mountain Man

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:27 pm

the fluke wrote:i went to the grade school building to pay my taxes and walked right into the lunchroom area and through the gym could have been anyone but me good thing i wqas just paying taxes. :o

That isn't a surprise.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Gopher » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:08 pm

The Central Office is secure. If you think you are getting past that front desk and getting to speak to someone you have another thing coming. I think she has a excuse of the day calendar.
Gopher
Carl The Groundskeeper

Return to Harlan County Schools