When Kindergarteners Run Wild From Harlan Ind

Chat about Harlan County schools.

When Kindergarteners Run Wild From Harlan Ind

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:53 pm

A kindergartener got loose from Harlan Independent and ran wild through the downtown area last week. Multiple businesses spotted the child and phoned the school to report that the child was running from yard to yard leaping fences that would rival any Hollywood prison break. I have to say that this would not have happened on Donna Bushnell's watch. Every morning Mrs Bushnell was outside directing traffic and greeting students in a friendly manner. School has been in session for over a month and I have not see her outside once.

Re: When Kindergarteners Run Wild From Harlan Ind

Postby Unbridled Spirit » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:06 pm

Did the school finally find the child? Were the parents called?
Unbridled Spirit

Postby RAP » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:13 pm

Guest wrote:A kindergartener got loose from Harlan Independent and ran wild through the downtown area last week. Multiple businesses spotted the child and phoned the school to report that the child was running from yard to yard leaping fences that would rival any Hollywood prison break. I have to say that this would not have happened on Donna Bushnell's watch. Every morning Mrs Bushnell was outside directing traffic and greeting students in a friendly manner. School has been in session for over a month and I have not see her outside once.

Donna has retired and I for one will miss her very much, she was a born teacher and loved her children.
Happiness keeps you sweet, Trials keeps you strong, Sorrows keeps you human, Life keeps you humble, Success keeps you glowing, But true friends keep you going.
RAP
The Waltons

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:30 pm

Unbridled Spirit wrote:Did the school finally find the child? Were the parents called?

I don't know if the parents were called, but a employee who wasn't on campus ran into the child.

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:35 pm

Guest wrote:A kindergartener got loose from Harlan Independent and ran wild through the downtown area last week. Multiple businesses spotted the child and phoned the school to report that the child was running from yard to yard leaping fences that would rival any Hollywood prison break. I have to say that this would not have happened on Donna Bushnell's watch. Every morning Mrs Bushnell was outside directing traffic and greeting students in a friendly manner. School has been in session for over a month and I have not see her outside once.

I know y'all will tell me I'm going to hell, but that shit is funny...
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:38 pm

Sorry but I had to lol at this topic. Glad the little fellow was found safe. Now we need to find out if it's true.....
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Briscoe » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:33 am

if it was my kid, i'd still be whoopin his ass over that.
"get that son of a bitch off the field...he's fired." - donald trump
Briscoe
HornDog

Postby Unbridled Spirit » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:06 am

me too Briscoe!
Unbridled Spirit

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:38 am

It is true, and I agree that his ass would be blistered....
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby FallenAngel » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:09 am

Did someone not make sure the child went into the building or did this happen after school had already started?
“Stop trying to fit in when you were born to stand out.”
FallenAngel
The Fallen One

Postby Kelli » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:09 pm

For the record, it wasn't my kid...LOL
Anyways, this is the first I heard of this. There is a city cop who directs traffic of the morning and about 5 other teachers who stand out there getting the kids from their vehicles. Now of the evening it can get a little chaotic with traffic and everything. Think maybe this kid (if it happened) could have gotten away from its parent and not the school??
A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell. ~C.S. Lewis
Kelli
GFunk Is My Pimp

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:21 pm

It did happen.... It appears that the little man ran off during school hours.
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:38 pm

The initial post is humorous, but that is very scary.

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:52 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:It did happen.... It appears that the little man ran off during school hours.

Don't reckon that was the little white boy do you..?
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby FallenAngel » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:23 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:It did happen.... It appears that the little man ran off during school hours.

If that's the case then someone needs to be figuring out why this happened and how a teacher could let a child "slip away"?
“Stop trying to fit in when you were born to stand out.”
FallenAngel
The Fallen One

Next

Return to Harlan County Schools