HCHS Free Lunch Program/Update: Complaints/Pics

Chat about Harlan County schools.

HCHS Free Lunch Program/Update: Complaints/Pics

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:27 am

This is the second yr in a row that the county school system has gotten free lunches for everyone the question i have is why?

Re: County Schools Free Lunch?

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:39 pm

because they are pooorrrr. :lol:

Postby Skyedancer » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:42 pm

Guest wrote:This is the second yr in a row that the county school system has gotten free lunches for everyone the question i have is why?

Guess what azzhole... Most of the kids who get a free lunch at school are eating the only real meal they will get that day!
Are you so evil hearted to deny a child a meal? Yes some ppl abuse that program, but it happens in every program like it. There are children suffering right now in this county. Going to bed at night hungry cause they have no food. That is the answer to your question of "why" :evil:
Skyedancer
Rainbow Bright

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:09 pm

Skyedancer wrote:
Guest wrote:This is the second yr in a row that the county school system has gotten free lunches for everyone the question i have is why?

Guess what azzhole... Most of the kids who get a free lunch at school are eating the only real meal they will get that day!
Are you so evil hearted to deny a child a meal? Yes some ppl abuse that program, but it happens in every program like it. There are children suffering right now in this county. Going to bed at night hungry cause they have no food. That is the answer to your question of "why" :evil:

Maybe they should get food stamps...
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby Meadow » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:45 pm

Honestly, I think its a good thing they are giving free lunch to all the kids..I see nothing wrong with that. With the economy now, it probably helps out a whole lot of families.
Meadow

Postby Skyedancer » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:18 pm

Angry Whiteguy wrote:
Skyedancer wrote:

Maybe they should get food stamps...

The parents probably do. And it's a shame that the kids suffer because of the parents. But would you really deny a child a meal? If a kid walked up to you and told you he/she was hungry, would you not feed them?
Skyedancer
Rainbow Bright

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:22 pm

Those lunches are not free; they are paid for by our tax dollars. Those that can afford to pay for their childs lunch should be paying for it.

Postby Pink Sugar » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:22 pm

Meadow wrote:Honestly, I think its a good thing they are giving free lunch to all the kids..I see nothing wrong with that. With the economy now, it probably helps out a whole lot of families.

So when are we adding the "LIKE or LOVE" buttons ???

Agree 100%!!!
"I've Got the Skills to Pay the Bills"
Pink Sugar

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:44 pm

I do find it interesting that this is the second year the county school system/government has provided free lunches. Could it have something to do with the deal Kentucky made to opt out of the NCLBA??? I think the program which is income based works as is.

EDIT: A quick Google search turned this up.....

City, county schools opt out of food program

Read more: Hazard Herald (KY) - City county schools opt out of food program

http://hazard-herald.com/view/full_story/14995814/article-City--county-schools-opt-out-of-food-program
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Wild » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:47 pm

We still had to fill out the lunch forms. This way they could keep a count of it. I think it might be easier for everyone involved to do it this way.
People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one, sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. -Marilyn
Negative people will bring you down. Positive people will bring you up... Make the right choice of the people you have in your life.
Wild
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:06 am

Sounds like a deal with the devil.

Postby DarkFairy » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:11 pm

Wild wrote:We still had to fill out the lunch forms. This way they could keep a count of it. I think it might be easier for everyone involved to do it this way.

The paper I was sent home to fill out said we 'needed' to fill them out so they would be able to see what "other programs" the school would qualify for based on incomes. I usually opt out of the income questionnaires they send home because I don't think it is any of their business how much income my family has but I filled it out this year for some reason....lol

I don't see anything wrong with providing free lunches to the students, if they want to offer "other items" to the kids for a reasonable price then they should be able to do so but I don't have any problem with them providing lunch to the students for free. I remember paying for lunches and usually an extra chocolate milk to drink and didn't have a problem with that either. I actually think the schools ask for too much money from the parents with not enough to show for it, Hell we are still having to buy boxes of pencils, packs of paper, boxes of glue, colors, Kleenex, hand sanitizers and a ton of other stuff....this wouldn't be a problem either IF it was for MY kids but we are supposed to buy supplies for the WHOLE CLASS to use, if one kid runs out then they simply take some out of the pile. Now what if 5 parents decide not to (or can't) buy all those supplies? That puts the brunt of the purchasing on the other 5 parents to do, or the teacher themselves. Used to if a kid ran out of paper or a pencil then they bummed one from a friend until they could get one themselves.....we didn't have a "community pile" to choose from....that way we knew if we didn't keep up with our supplies then we were screwed the rest of the day, week, etc. I am going off topic... Sorry!!! lol
“One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation”
Thomas Brackett Reed
DarkFairy

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:32 pm

A parent making 100 grand a yr should pay for their kids lunch.

Postby Still Standing » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:11 pm

Guest wrote:A parent making 100 grand a yr should pay for their kids lunch.

I am a parent that our total yearly income is right below,at, or above 100k. We have always paid for our kids lunches, plus put extra money in their accounts. Now that the lunches are free it allows me to offer more help to the teachers to hel kids that the parents cannot afford field trips and classroom supplies, and classroom party supplies.....
You may tell me where to go , but there ain't nobody going to tell me what to do.
My giva damn's busted....
Still Standing
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:56 pm

It's ideological indoctrination and you mothers are on board. I'm sure that some of you remember the elementary student who was told that she couldn't eat her lunch that her mother sent to school? Obesity is Michelle (Klingon) Obama's pet peeve, and by agreeing to this program schools are forcing kids to eat a USDA "Federal Government" approved school lunch. The Government will education and feed your kids regardless if you can pay your own way or not. They already don't allow any type of shirt, drawing, painting, doodle that resembles a firearm and their was no outrage. A prime example is the deaf child who's name resembles a firearm is being asked to not sign his name. The more the government give the more they take away, or the more you lose.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Next

Return to Harlan County Schools