HHS to get new principal

Chat about Harlan County schools.

HHS to get new principal

Postby one hot mama » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:29 am

Stacy Noah is leaving mid September to work for the state, looks like HHS will be on the hunt for a new principal!
one hot mama

Re: HHS to get new principal

Postby Unbridled Spirit » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:25 am

Why is she leaving?
Unbridled Spirit

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:44 am

Unbridled Spirit wrote:Why is she leaving?

To work for the state, maybe...
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby Unbridled Spirit » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:41 pm

The Baconator wrote:
Unbridled Spirit wrote:Why is she leaving?

To work for the state, maybe...

Hope she knows what shes doing lol
Unbridled Spirit

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:17 pm

Some are saying she got hired at the KDE.

Postby Meadow » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:05 pm

I don't know much about her, but if she is bettering herself I say more power to her.
Meadow

Postby fairviewcrew » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:21 pm

She was one of my English teachers in high school. She was a nice person and assigned creative, fun homework assignments. I'm glad to hear that she is advancing in her career.
America is woven of many strands. I would recognize them and let it so remain. Our fate is to become one, and yet many.This is not prophecy, but description.
Ralph Ellison
fairviewcrew

Postby Briscoe » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:28 pm

fairviewcrew wrote:She was one of my English teachers in high school. She was a nice person and assigned creative, fun homework assignments. I'm glad to hear that she is advancing in her career.

yeah, homework is fun. me and you come from different planets, veiwcrew.
"get that son of a bitch off the field...he's fired." - donald trump
Briscoe
HornDog

Postby Wild » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:57 pm

Briscoe wrote:
fairviewcrew wrote:She was one of my English teachers in high school. She was a nice person and assigned creative, fun homework assignments. I'm glad to hear that she is advancing in her career.

Brisco learning can be fun and interesting. The great teachers always will find a way to reach the kids. I hope to be that way when I actually get to teach in my own classroom. I am glad to be going back to college because I have learned so much new ideas and ways to reach the kids.
People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one, sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. -Marilyn
Negative people will bring you down. Positive people will bring you up... Make the right choice of the people you have in your life.
Wild
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Briscoe » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:17 pm

Wild wrote:
Briscoe wrote:

Brisco learning can be fun and interesting. The great teachers always will find a way to reach the kids. I hope to be that way when I actually get to teach in my own classroom. I am glad to be going back to college because I have learned so much new ideas and ways to reach the kids.

i always hated homework. if i had an interesting teacher, i might be able to learn. how about you. will you be my tutor?
"get that son of a bitch off the field...he's fired." - donald trump
Briscoe
HornDog

Postby Wild » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:22 pm

Briscoe wrote:i always hated homework. if i had an interesting teacher, i might be able to learn. how about you. will you be my tutor?

:) Aren't you a little to old, I mean WISE, to be in elem school? :D :D
People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one, sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. -Marilyn
Negative people will bring you down. Positive people will bring you up... Make the right choice of the people you have in your life.
Wild
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:31 pm

Do the teachers teach anything at Harlan Middle School???? Constant flow of busywork is sent home every night. I just want to know what they think they are accomplishing by sending so much homework home. They seem to be more worried about the schools technology compared to teaching the students.

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:49 pm

Guest wrote:Do the teachers teach anything at Harlan Middle School???? Constant flow of busywork is sent home every night. I just want to know what they think they are accomplishing by sending so much homework home. They seem to be more worried about the schools technology compared to teaching the students.

Preparing for standardized tests... Tests equal dollars and dollars equal more luxuries... Government education sucks... No child left behind, my ass... They're leaving all of em behind...
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:47 am

The Baconator wrote:
Guest wrote:Do the teachers teach anything at Harlan Middle School???? Constant flow of busywork is sent home every night. I just want to know what they think they are accomplishing by sending so much homework home. They seem to be more worried about the schools technology compared to teaching the students.

Preparing for standardized tests... Tests equal dollars and dollars equal more luxuries... Government education sucks... No child left behind, my ass... They're leaving all of em behind...

AMEN Brother. As of right now Kentucky is exempt from the No Child Left Behind Act, but only if the state agreed to use specific text books supplied from a Federal Government list. Which I might add it is totally illegal to have a Federal education curriculum.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Unbridled Spirit » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:33 pm

Our kids are just lucky to get any education at all!
Unbridled Spirit

Next

Return to Harlan County Schools