ATTENTION ALL LAID OFF TEACHERS

Chat about Harlan County schools.

Re: ATTENTION ALL LAID OFF TEACHERS

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:08 pm

Guest wrote:It used to mean something that a person majored in education, student taught, etc. Now, anyone with a bachelor's (4-year) degree in ANYTHING (just about...) can apply for a teaching position and be hired for it over a real teacher. It's crazy---- there are more requirements to do hair or be a damn barber.......

Excellent Post!
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:29 am

I just figured it out, Tim Saylor kept reading the Cumberland Council thread and figured you people in Cumberland were too stupid to know the difference. Guess he figured that all you all deserved. :lol: :lol:

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:41 am

Teachers are overpaid and get full credit for the diminishing quality of education! Public school educators make more than their skills would fetch in the private sector.

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:14 pm

Guest wrote:Teachers are overpaid and get full credit for the diminishing quality of education! Public school educators make more than their skills would fetch in the private sector.

Boy, I like that... Great post..!
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:14 pm

Knows wrote:I have been hearing a rumor for over a year now that Rosspoint and Cumberland Elementary have teachers that are not qualified to teach. I think Rosspoint fixed their problem,(not sure though), this year but Cumberland has not. They have a teacher there that has been in a classroom for 2 years now, this will be the third year that is not qualified to teach!!!!!!!!!!! Does this surprise anyone??????? There was no end to the little things that Tim Saylor did. The teacher at Cumberland is listed as an Emergancy Substitute teacher!!!

Let's get names, or links to credentials.

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:27 pm

Here's the link and you know what school just start typing names and you'll find it: https://wd.kyepsb.net/EPSB.WebApps/KECI/

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:53 pm

Wish they had one of them Exceptional Child Instructor's when I was in school, I might have done better... After all I was an exceptional child__ still am...
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby Meadow » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:26 am

The Baconator wrote:Wish they had one of them Exceptional Child Instructor's when I was in school, I might have done better... After all I was an exceptional child__ still am...

Aint it the truth. :D
Meadow

Postby kasper the ghost » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:35 pm

The Baconator wrote:
Guest wrote:Teachers are overpaid and get full credit for the diminishing quality of education! Public school educators make more than their skills would fetch in the private sector.

Boy, I like that... Great post..!

Teachers don't make near enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My daughter is a teacher and she has some long hard hours. They grade papers at home and do lesson plans, they have to take their turn at working ballgames, have to be at school before the kids and when they have hall duty or outside duty they leave even earlier. Meetings after school at no extra pay. the list goes on and on!! Considering all the actual hours they put into their jobs they probally barelly make minnium wage. Oh and did I mention they are not allowed to sit at their desk now??? No they have to stay on their feet all day!
I wish there was a profession where you made money by pissing people off because i could get rich quick.
kasper the ghost

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:38 pm

Oh and did I mention they are not allowed to sit at their desk now??? No they have to stay on their feet all day!

Elaborate?
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby kasper the ghost » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:48 pm

It's not set in stone or anything but they are expected to be in their feet teaching and walking through the classroom to make sure the kids are doing what they should be doing and helping them when they need help.
I wish there was a profession where you made money by pissing people off because i could get rich quick.
kasper the ghost

Postby kasper the ghost » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:01 pm

One more thing before I go to bed.............I'm sure glad my teachers weren't on the floor all the time or they would have seen the True Story magazine hid inside my History book! LOL Our teachers were always at their desk!!!
kasper the ghost

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:58 pm

Teachers complain complain complain. Paid vacations, summers off, insurance, and retirement. They have no right to complain.

Postby RAP » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:35 am

I think they have every right. A room full of your children that they have no control over except to sent them to a principle that has no authority over them either and if one should care enough to try and punish them they take a chance of getting attacked by the kid and then the parents. I think the highest honor given to any public servant should be given to teachers. Sure there are some who just want a pay check and don't even try to teach just like most parents. We live in a world of violence, children sat in front of a tv and see murder and mayhem continually, six and seven year old children robbing and killing. I read an article just the other day about three preteens breaking in and robbing and beating a fifty seven year old woman. The thing that struck me the most was the youngest was seven. You couldn't pay me enough to be a teacher.
Happiness keeps you sweet, Trials keeps you strong, Sorrows keeps you human, Life keeps you humble, Success keeps you glowing, But true friends keep you going.
RAP
The Waltons

Postby Wild » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:00 am

Thought this was about right this morning... hehe Image
People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one, sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. -Marilyn
Negative people will bring you down. Positive people will bring you up... Make the right choice of the people you have in your life.
Wild
(no custom rank chosen)

PreviousNext

Return to Harlan County Schools