ATTENTION ALL LAID OFF TEACHERS

Chat about Harlan County schools.

ATTENTION ALL LAID OFF TEACHERS

Postby Knows » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:09 pm

I have been hearing a rumor for over a year now that Rosspoint and Cumberland Elementary have teachers that are not qualified to teach. I think Rosspoint fixed their problem,(not sure though), this year but Cumberland has not. They have a teacher there that has been in a classroom for 2 years now, this will be the third year that is not qualified to teach!!!!!!!!!!! Does this surprise anyone??????? There was no end to the little things that Tim Saylor did. The teacher at Cumberland is listed as an Emergancy Substitute teacher!!!
Knows

Re: ATTENTION ALL LAID OFF TEACHERS

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:04 pm

Knows wrote:I have been hearing a rumor for over a year now that Rosspoint and Cumberland Elementary have teachers that are not qualified to teach. I think Rosspoint fixed their problem,(not sure though), this year but Cumberland has not. They have a teacher there that has been in a classroom for 2 years now, this will be the third year that is not qualified to teach!!!!!!!!!!! Does this surprise anyone??????? There was no end to the little things that Tim Saylor did. The teacher at Cumberland is listed as an Emergancy Substitute teacher!!!

What exactly is a Emergency Substitute Teacher?

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:08 pm

That would be my question????
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby kasper the ghost » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:21 pm

LOL.....................I don't know what one is either but if I was laid off I'd damn sure be finding out. Sounds like a made up title to me. :twisted:
I wish there was a profession where you made money by pissing people off because i could get rich quick.
kasper the ghost

Postby Rango » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:40 pm

Used to be that you could start teaching on an emergency teachers certificate, but I think they were supposed to have put a stop to that.

Emergency teacher certification

Posted on 15 March 2011. Tags: Education Professional Standards Board, teacher certification

From the Education Professional Standards Board

The 2011-12 school year will be the first in which no teacher who has previously held a full-time emergency certificate may receive another such certificate.

Districts should be planning for this new regulation and identifying those teachers within the district who are working on emergency certificates. If the district wishes to employ these teachers during 2011-12, plans must be made this spring to get them into an alternative certification program or add the additional area via the TC-HQ route.

Information on this change in the regulation has been sent to superintendents and human resources personnel since the regulation was passed in the spring of 2010; however, the implementation date for this provision was set for June 2011 to allow districts to prepare for the change

http://www.kentuckyteacher.org/leadersh ... ification/
Rango
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:58 pm

What's the emergency? Is their like a shortage. :D
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby kasper the ghost » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:03 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:What's the emergency? Is their like a shortage. :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
There is such a thing as an emergancy certifiacation for a teacher but I've never heard of an emergancy substitute.
I wish there was a profession where you made money by pissing people off because i could get rich quick.
kasper the ghost

Postby Rango » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:04 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:What's the emergency? Is their like a shortage. :D

Read Here http://www.lrc.ky.gov/kar/016/002/120.htm
Rango
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:14 pm

Thanks for the link.......

(4)(a) The superintendent of the local school district and the board of education may establish the need for emergency substitute teachers on the basis of anticipated shortages of regularly certified teachers and in accordance with district policies and procedures established for the selection and employment of substitute teachers. Emergency certificates for substitute teaching may then be issued by the local school district subject to the priority schedule for the employment of substitute teachers as established by 16 KAR 2:030.
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:16 pm

Back there when I was in school all my substitute teachers declared a state of emergency...
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby kasper the ghost » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:18 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:Thanks for the link.......

(4)(a) The superintendent of the local school district and the board of education may establish the need for emergency substitute teachers on the basis of anticipated shortages of regularly certified teachers and in accordance with district policies and procedures established for the selection and employment of substitute teachers. Emergency certificates for substitute teaching may then be issued by the local school district subject to the priority schedule for the employment of substitute teachers as established by 16 KAR 2, :030.

OK, so that settles it, there was and still is a shortage of teachers in Harlan County.
kasper the ghost

Postby Wild » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:14 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:Thanks for the link.......

(4)(a) The superintendent of the local school district and the board of education may establish the need for emergency substitute teachers on the basis of anticipated shortages of regularly certified teachers and in accordance with district policies and procedures established for the selection and employment of substitute teachers. Emergency certificates for substitute teaching may then be issued by the local school district subject to the priority schedule for the employment of substitute teachers as established by 16 KAR 2:030.

There is not a shortage of teachers in the county if all certified teachers was given a position. Even if the retired teachers was let go there would be jobs. There are 8 teachers that taught for middle school that is working at the high school even though they are retired. They get paid their retirement and for working. Double dipping. Hopefully the Mr. Howard will end this procedure.
People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one, sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. -Marilyn
Negative people will bring you down. Positive people will bring you up... Make the right choice of the people you have in your life.
Wild
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:28 am

I think they should round up all the teachers in the county and send them back to college to get an education... Especially in spelling and grammar... You can't teach what you don't know...
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:17 pm

government education.

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:19 pm

It used to mean something that a person majored in education, student taught, etc. Now, anyone with a bachelor's (4-year) degree in ANYTHING (just about...) can apply for a teaching position and be hired for it over a real teacher. It's crazy---- there are more requirements to do hair or be a damn barber.......

Next

Return to Harlan County Schools