Harlan Ind Shake Up

Chat about Harlan County schools.

Re: Harlan Ind Shake Up

Postby the fluke » Fri May 11, 2012 4:55 am

but job prevailed in the end and had more than he ever wanted.
the fluke
the fluke
Mountain Man

Postby Meadow » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:02 pm

Back to School Tomorrow morning. I sure home its a great year. There have been some changes, I hope they are for the better. Harlan Elementary is a wonderful school, and I hope it remains that way. I think Donna Bushnell was alot of what was great in that school, she will be greatly missed by not only the kids, but by a whole lot of parents as well.
Meadow

Postby Kelli » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:50 pm

Now if only they could get parents to stop parking in the pick up lines!! If you absolutely have to go sit out front to wait on your kids find somewhere else to park!! All that does is block traffic!!
A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell. ~C.S. Lewis
Kelli
GFunk Is My Pimp

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:53 pm

Kelli wrote:Now if only they could get parents to stop parking in the pick up lines!! If you absolutely have to go sit out front to wait on your kids find somewhere else to park!! All that does is block traffic!!

They should park across the walking bridge and then walk to pick their child up instead of leaving their car unattended.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Kelli » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:05 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:
Kelli wrote:Now if only they could get parents to stop parking in the pick up lines!! If you absolutely have to go sit out front to wait on your kids find somewhere else to park!! All that does is block traffic!!

They should park across the walking bridge and then walk to pick their child up instead of leaving their car unattended.

Seriously, we sat behind this little black cavalier one day last year for at least 10 minutes after school let out, finally went around it glanced over and saw the driver chatting on her phone... oblivious to all the cars going around her ....lol and latley no one has been outside directing the traffic near the walking bridge so its like a race to see who can get out first.
A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell. ~C.S. Lewis
Kelli
GFunk Is My Pimp

Postby RAP » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:06 pm

I park in the Boys and Girls lot and the school puts the kids on the cross walk and I meet them on the other end. It has worked out real good for me, and I've noticed others doing the same.
Happiness keeps you sweet, Trials keeps you strong, Sorrows keeps you human, Life keeps you humble, Success keeps you glowing, But true friends keep you going.
RAP
The Waltons

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:45 pm

RAP wrote:I park in the Boys and Girls lot and the school puts the kids on the cross walk and I meet them on the other end. It has worked out real good for me, and I've noticed others doing the same.

They don't put em ALL on there at the same time!??!? What's the weight limit on that bridge..?
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby RAP » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:53 pm

No they don't. They let the younger ones, then third and fourth and the middle school gets out about twenty minutes later and so forth so they kind of balance it out. I don't know the weight limit.
Happiness keeps you sweet, Trials keeps you strong, Sorrows keeps you human, Life keeps you humble, Success keeps you glowing, But true friends keep you going.
RAP
The Waltons

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:24 pm

RAP wrote:No they don't. They let the younger ones, then third and fourth and the middle school gets out about twenty minutes later and so forth so they kind of balance it out. I don't know the weight limit.

You put all your kids on it at once you'll find out...
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby RAP » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:09 pm

:lol: :lol: You mean all eight!!!!! Things have evened out some for me thank God. Two of the oldest boys spent a couple weeks with their dad and liked it so they are going to Ohio for this school year as a tryout to see if they want to live with their dad. Of course I am expecting to go get the one that is still up there any time. The oldest one wants to play foot ball and basket ball and the school up there wants him so I think he is going to try. He will be leaving Friday. The two girls, one of the twin boys and the the ten year old boy is with their mom in the little house in my back yard but one twin and the white boy are staying with me and won't leave. :roll: So I guess my hubby and I may be able to get some semblance of our life back, time will tell and I am not getting my hopes up.
RAP
The Waltons

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:52 pm

RAP wrote::lol: :lol: You mean all eight!!!!! Things have evened out some for me thank God. Two of the oldest boys spent a couple weeks with their dad and liked it so they are going to Ohio for this school year as a tryout to see if they want to live with their dad. Of course I am expecting to go get the one that is still up there any time. The oldest one wants to play foot ball and basket ball and the school up there wants him so I think he is going to try. He will be leaving Friday. The two girls, one of the twin boys and the the ten year old boy is with their mom in the little house in my back yard but one twin and the white boy are staying with me and won't leave. :roll: So I guess my hubby and I may be able to get some semblance of our life back, time will tell and I am not getting my hopes up.

I know that's not a joke but I'm rolling in the dirt... That's funnier than hell... Anybody else see the humor in that..? Oh god I can't get my breath.!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby kasper the ghost » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:23 pm

?????????????????????????
I wish there was a profession where you made money by pissing people off because i could get rich quick.
kasper the ghost

Postby RAP » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:32 pm

He thinks it's funny that I said the white boy, you see seven of my great grand kids are mixed but the white one or my little pillsberry dough boy is my only grand son and he and one twin is not going to leave me.
RAP
The Waltons

Postby Wild » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:57 pm

RAP wrote:He thinks it's funny that I said the white boy, you see seven of my great grand kids are mixed but the white one or my little pillsberry dough boy is my only grand son and he and one twin is not going to leave me.

RAP I am laughing here too! :lol: :lol: Oh only you.. only you.. Tell it like it is. :D :D
People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one, sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. -Marilyn
Negative people will bring you down. Positive people will bring you up... Make the right choice of the people you have in your life.
Wild
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:08 am

RAP wrote:He thinks it's funny that I said the white boy, you see seven of my great grand kids are mixed but the white one or my little pillsberry dough boy is my only grand son and he and one twin is not going to leave me.

To really get the full effect you should see the family photo.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

PreviousNext

Return to Harlan County Schools