Harlan Ind Shake Up

Chat about Harlan County schools.

Harlan Ind Shake Up

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Fri May 04, 2012 10:00 pm

I am hearing that musical chairs are being played at Harlan Ind. It seems they have/had three principals, and three guidance counselors. They are planning on cutting a couple of positions, and moving them into teaching positions. We all know of the budget crunch that schools are facing, but Harlan's plan to cut the higher paid positions could work to their advantage.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Re: Harlan Ind Shake Up

Postby Guest » Fri May 04, 2012 10:13 pm

You forgot to add that many are pissssseeeeeddddd ooooofffffff! They will repost some of the positions, but that doesn't mean the person who lost the position will get it back.

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Sat May 05, 2012 9:02 am

"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby RAP » Sat May 05, 2012 9:23 am

One of the greatest educators I have ever met has retired. Knowing what a caring person she is I know what a strain on her this was. Elementary Principal Donna Bushnell is the person I am talking about. She has been such a support to me and the eight kids I am helping to raise. I will miss her and my heart breaks for the children she has been such a support to. I know from experience the extra effort she takes for the welfare of the children entrusted to her care. I pray God will watch over her and bless her for the hard work she has done, I will always be grateful for the influence this extraordinary person has had on my children.
Happiness keeps you sweet, Trials keeps you strong, Sorrows keeps you human, Life keeps you humble, Success keeps you glowing, But true friends keep you going.
RAP
The Waltons

Postby Meadow » Sat May 05, 2012 2:52 pm

RAP wrote:One of the greatest educators I have ever met has retired. Knowing what a caring person she is I know what a strain on her this was. Elementary Principal Donna Bushnell is the person I am talking about. She has been such a support to me and the eight kids I am helping to raise. I will miss her and my heart breaks for the children she has been such a support to. I know from experience the extra effort she takes for the welfare of the children entrusted to her care. I pray God will watch over her and bless her for the hard work she has done, I will always be grateful for the influence this extraordinary person has had on my children.

My son loves Principal Bushnell. As for the Shake up I would like to see 5th grade sent back to the elementary.
Meadow

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Sat May 05, 2012 3:12 pm

RAP wrote:One of the greatest educators I have ever met has retired. Knowing what a caring person she is I know what a strain on her this was. Elementary Principal Donna Bushnell is the person I am talking about. She has been such a support to me and the eight kids I am helping to raise. I will miss her and my heart breaks for the children she has been such a support to. I know from experience the extra effort she takes for the welfare of the children entrusted to her care. I pray God will watch over her and bless her for the hard work she has done, I will always be grateful for the influence this extraordinary person has had on my children.

8 to 10 grand per student they should treat you like royalty. Your kids alone pay for 3 to 4 teaching positions a year.
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Guest » Sat May 05, 2012 8:35 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:

8 to 10 grand per student they should treat you like royalty. Your kids alone pay for 3 to 4 teaching positions a year.

How many kids do you have at Harlan?

Postby Briscoe » Sun May 06, 2012 12:08 am

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:

just wait till they reach voting age, they'll rule the whole damn county...no, they don't vote, do they. don't believe in it. j/k rap
"get that son of a bitch off the field...he's fired." - donald trump
Briscoe
HornDog

Postby RAP » Sun May 06, 2012 6:48 am

I am sad to admit Brisco that none of my family are JW's. I have not been an active Witness in about five years myself. Not because I don't believe but because my faith in myself is to weak. Too many issues to count. I am trying though to change that. These last few years have been the saddest most heartbreaking years of my life and I have failed myself, my children and most importantly my God.
Happiness keeps you sweet, Trials keeps you strong, Sorrows keeps you human, Life keeps you humble, Success keeps you glowing, But true friends keep you going.
RAP
The Waltons

Postby RAP » Sun May 06, 2012 6:51 am

Guest wrote:
GFunkMoneyDog wrote:

How many kids do you have at Harlan?

Six boys and two girls. Eight in all.
RAP
The Waltons

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Sun May 06, 2012 9:50 am

RAP wrote:I am sad to admit Brisco that none of my family are JW's. I have not been an active Witness in about five years myself. Not because I don't believe but because my faith in myself is to weak. Too many issues to count. I am trying though to change that. These last few years have been the saddest most heartbreaking years of my life and I have failed myself, my children and most importantly my God.

What the Fred.??
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby RAP » Sun May 06, 2012 3:55 pm

You wouldn't understand Jaw. I failed my God because when I was baptized it was an oath before man and him that the rest of my life would be devoted to serving him. I have not live up to that Oath. I failed my family because I did not stand firm in my faith as an example for them to follow, who knows maybe if I had we all would be serving him now, maybe not but We will never know now. I have failed myself because that was my goal and now I have to start all over again if I can forgive myself. Only time will tell. Taking a close look at ourselves can make us see just how weak we are when we try to do things on our own.
RAP
The Waltons

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Sun May 06, 2012 9:43 pm

RAP wrote:You wouldn't understand Jaw. I failed my God because when I was baptized it was an oath before man and him that the rest of my life would be devoted to serving him. I have not live up to that Oath. I failed my family because I did not stand firm in my faith as an example for them to follow, who knows maybe if I had we all would be serving him now, maybe not but We will never know now. I have failed myself because that was my goal and now I have to start all over again if I can forgive myself. Only time will tell. Taking a close look at ourselves can make us see just how weak we are when we try to do things on our own.

Right topic wrong thread.??
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby RAP » Mon May 07, 2012 5:36 am

Your right Jaw and I apologize. I just cleared up a statement made by Brisco and a question from you. End of discussion hahaha thanks.
RAP
The Waltons

Postby Protagonist » Tue May 08, 2012 9:34 pm

RAP wrote:You wouldn't understand Jaw. I failed my God because when I was baptized it was an oath before man and him that the rest of my life would be devoted to serving him. I have not live up to that Oath. I failed my family because I did not stand firm in my faith as an example for them to follow, who knows maybe if I had we all would be serving him now, maybe not but We will never know now. I have failed myself because that was my goal and now I have to start all over again if I can forgive myself. Only time will tell. Taking a close look at ourselves can make us see just how weak we are when we try to do things on our own.

Romans 3:23 says, "All have sinned, and fallen short of God's glory". My friend, no one is perfect, nor will any human ever be perfect as Christ was perfect. This was never the intention under which our redeemer was to "judge" mankind.

More importantly, you never failed based upon baptism. If you failed, it's because you are human. The act of baptism cleansed you from your original/mortal sin. Baptism gave you a new life in Christ. Don't EVER think that the act of baptism was simply an "oath" to God, or a "sign" of fatih to to others. Baptism is far more than that.

In Acts, St. Peter declared, "Be baptized for the remission of sins and receive the Holy Spirit." What St. Peter declared in Acts over 2,000 years ago is true today. Baptism purifies the soul from damnation, and our redeemer realizes our imperfections as humans. Never think for a moment that somehow God is punishing you.

Always remember the story of Job. God did not allow Job to be persecuted for mere pleasure or misdeeds. Rather, God allowed Satan to challenge the faith of Job to prove Him a worthy defender of the faith.
Protagonist

Next

Return to Harlan County Schools