KHSAA: Bass Fishing Varsity Sport

Chat about Harlan County schools.

KHSAA: Bass Fishing Varsity Sport

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:10 pm

KHSAA is adding Bass Fishing to it's list of sanctioned state championship sports. The season will be from February to April with the state championship taking place in April. This will take effect for the 2012/2013 school year. This is a excellent idea, and will have students who normally don't participate in team activities something to do. It would also be a incentive to keep their grades up to participate.

John Smith (basketball standout from Harlan Ind) is on EKU's Bassmasters fishing team, and has won multiple tournaments.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Re: KHSAA: Bass Fishing Varsity Sport

Postby shade chaser » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:29 pm

this is great,I actually have Johns bass boat in my driveway right now repairing his motor for him,he won one on Ky lake last year that brought the school a HUGE purse.also we already have a few high school students fishing friday night wildcat tournaments on Norris Lake,I think this is a great sport to add to our school systems.
shade chaser
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby mtn_girl » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:48 am

I think this is an awesome idea. I live in western KY now, and they already have tournaments for high school kids at KY Lake and Lake Barkley. Making it a KHSAA sanctioned event, it will provide more opportunities for scholarships. I agree that it will also involve students who may or may not be typical "athletes".
mtn_girl

Postby Pappy » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:43 pm

Great news.
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby Pappy » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:16 pm

Pappy wrote:Great news.

Lol @ changing my post now lets dig sum worms. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:15 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:KHSAA is adding Bass Fishing to it's list of sanctioned state championship sports. The season will be from February to April with the state championship taking place in April. This will take effect for the 2012/2013 school year. This is a excellent idea, and will have students who normally don't participate in team activities something to do. It would also be a incentive to keep their grades up to participate.

John Smith (basketball standout from Harlan Ind) is on EKU's Bassmasters fishing team, and has won multiple tournaments.

John has won a lot of money for EKU's fishing program.

Postby Pappy » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:12 pm

Guest wrote:
GFunkMoneyDog wrote:KHSAA is adding Bass Fishing to it's list of sanctioned state championship sports. The season will be from February to April with the state championship taking place in April. This will take effect for the 2012/2013 school year. This is a excellent idea, and will have students who normally don't participate in team activities something to do. It would also be a incentive to keep their grades up to participate.

John has won a lot of money for EKU's fishing program.

Lets all go and wet our Worms.
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby DarkFairy » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:00 pm

Wow, I think this is just freaking AWESOME! :D
“One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation”
Thomas Brackett Reed
DarkFairy

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:24 pm

DarkFairy wrote:Wow, I think this is just freaking AWESOME! :D

It is awesome, but I do have a question. How is the school system going to have access to bass boats?
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:21 am

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:

It is awesome, but I do have a question. How is the school system going to have access to bass boats?

My question is; how much they gonna pay "Fluke" to teach.??
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby DarkFairy » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:21 am

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:

Maybe they can build some in shop class! haha
“One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation”
Thomas Brackett Reed
DarkFairy

Return to Harlan County Schools