JACHS and/or Loyall High School

Chat about Harlan County schools.

JACHS and/or Loyall High School

Postby Wild » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:39 pm

Can someone here please tell me what year the school was built? I have looked online and can not find any info that is remotely right. All the links forward me to the New High School. I am wanting background info on the old High Schools of Loyall and JACHS
People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one, sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. -Marilyn
Negative people will bring you down. Positive people will bring you up... Make the right choice of the people you have in your life.
Wild
(no custom rank chosen)

Re: JACHS and/or Loyall High School

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:17 pm

I think Loyall is 1948. It is engraved on the bldg.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Wild » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:21 pm

Thank you.. Both my mom and Dad attended Loyall and now that just leaves me JACHS. I cant even find an old yearbook for the information.. ugh!!

Hopefully just a little bit more information and my family's background will be complete.
People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one, sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. -Marilyn
Negative people will bring you down. Positive people will bring you up... Make the right choice of the people you have in your life.
Wild
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Wild » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:28 pm

Found it.. 1966 was when JACHS was built.. if you want to remove this topic you can..
Wild
(no custom rank chosen)

Return to Harlan County Schools