Lice Guard

Chat about Harlan County schools.

Lice Guard

Postby Susan124 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:28 am

With all of these posts about head lice, I wanted to share something. My daughter came home from school with them twice. I did all the right things...treated, cleaned, checked and rechecked. The second time, I also picked up a little bottle of stuff at WalMart called "Lice Guard". It's a spray that you put on their head in the morning. It repels the lice. It smells like gardenias. IT WORKS. It's a little expensive, almost 14.00 for a small bottle but we never had to use pesticides again. On the bright side, lice are about the only bugs that don't carry any diseases.

If WalMart doesn't have that stuff anymore, it's available online. Just google it. It won't kill lice, but it sure will prevent an infestation. It did for us anyway.
Susan124

Re: Lice Guard

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:33 am

Tea tree oil works great and it also makes your hair look so healthy. Just add a drop to the bottle of shampoo.. I promise it works.

Postby Brat » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:40 am

Susan where were you when all 4 of my daughters came home from school and had them??? (turned out some kid that rode the buss with them had them and gave them every kid on the bus!) All 4 of my daughters who all had hair down to their waist or longer...Do you know how long and expensive that process was?????
Brat
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Susan124 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:57 pm

Brat wrote:Susan where were you when all 4 of my daughters came home from school and had them??? (turned out some kid that rode the buss with them had them and gave them every kid on the bus!) All 4 of my daughters who all had hair down to their waist or longer...Do you know how long and expensive that process was?????

Better late than never? LOL

Yes, I can imagine that was a tearful process for all of you. I invested in a metal comb. It was ten bucks but it sure made the process easier. It now serves well as a flea comb for my long haired cats. Hahaha.
Susan124

Postby RAP » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:13 pm

Guest wrote:Tea tree oil works great and it also makes your hair look so healthy. Just add a drop to the bottle of shampoo.. I promise it works.

What is Tea Tree Oil? I have never heard of it. Where can I
get some? Our kids haven't had them this year but I have
eight in elementry and middle school so it is inevitable I'am
afraid. :roll: :roll:
Happiness keeps you sweet, Trials keeps you strong, Sorrows keeps you human, Life keeps you humble, Success keeps you glowing, But true friends keep you going.
RAP
The Waltons

Postby RAP » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:21 pm

Susan124 wrote:With all of these posts about head lice, I wanted to share something. My daughter came home from school with them twice. I did all the right things...treated, cleaned, checked and rechecked. The second time, I also picked up a little bottle of stuff at WalMart called "Lice Guard". It's a spray that you put on their head in the morning. It repels the lice. It smells like gardenias. IT WORKS. It's a little expensive, almost 14.00 for a small bottle but we never had to use pesticides again. On the bright side, lice are about the only bugs that don't carry any diseases.

If WalMart doesn't have that stuff anymore, it's available online. Just google it. It won't kill lice, but it sure will prevent an infestation. It did for us anyway.

With eight in school I know I will need something so I went
online and ordered some of this stuff and all the other stuff
to go with it just in case. Thanks for sharing because it is a
nightmare to deal with and I am not going to wait until I
need it and then find I have to wait to get it. 8-) 8-)
Happiness keeps you sweet, Trials keeps you strong, Sorrows keeps you human, Life keeps you humble, Success keeps you glowing, But true friends keep you going.
RAP
The Waltons

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:24 pm

You can get tea tree oil at Wal-Mart... its around 3 bucks a bottle and it last forever. Like I said just put a drop in your bottle of shampoo.

Postby flapjack15 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:27 am

I have also heard that a few drops of white vinegar in you shampoo will also will help keep lice away.
flapjack15

Postby carbon-15 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:39 am

Susan124 wrote:IT WORKS. It's a little expensive, almost 14.00 for a small bottle but we never had to use pesticides again.

Expensive doesn't matter as long as the child's well being is involved...
carbon-15
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Susan124 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:25 am

carbon-15 wrote:
Susan124 wrote:IT WORKS. It's a little expensive, almost 14.00 for a small bottle but we never had to use pesticides again.

Expensive doesn't matter as long as the child's well being is involved...

I agree with you. I kept that stuff until my kids were out of grade school.
Susan124

Postby funnybuttrue » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:36 am

We once had a really bad case of lice in our house and the one that got them was the one person that did'nt use any hair spray, all the rest of us used tons of Aqua-Net.So while this has not been proven by science I pesonally swear by it.Good old Aqua Net saved us all...
funnybuttrue

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:17 am

Ive been told that Rosspoint Kindergarten is infected with lice, so since this was a treatment topic I thought it wise to post here.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby goat47 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:14 pm

Isn't it school policy to send a note home?
goat47
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Demon Hunter » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:37 pm

The schools don't give a flying f_ck. All they care about is attendance. If not for that they wouldn't have a policy where a child can attend school with lice eggs in their hair.
Demon Hunter

Postby PharmGirl » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:41 am

Demon Hunter wrote:The schools don't give a flying f_ck. All they care about is attendance. If not for that they wouldn't have a policy where a child can attend school with lice eggs in their hair.

What a dumb policy. No wonder they can never get rid of it.
PharmGirl

Next

Return to Harlan County Schools