Harlan Ind (structured recess)

Chat about Harlan County schools.

Re: Harlan Ind (structured recess)

Postby Legion » Sun May 21, 2017 8:48 am

The Buddy Bench is about as dumb as all these grown women wearing yoga pants but have never done yoga.
Legion
Always A Bride

Postby Cate McCalley » Sun May 21, 2017 11:17 am

Legion wrote:The Buddy Bench is about as dumb as all these grown women wearing yoga pants but have never done yoga.

Or as dumb women defending mysogynist that brag about sexually assaulting them.

Time & Tide Changes Everything
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby upallnight » Mon May 22, 2017 7:26 am

Cate McCalley wrote:
Legion wrote:The Buddy Bench is about as dumb as all these grown women wearing yoga pants but have never done yoga.

Or as dumb women defending mysogynist that brag about sexually assaulting them.

Cate will take a jab at Trump no matter the topic lol.
upallnight

Postby Cornbread » Mon May 22, 2017 9:49 am

I'll be the last one to fuss about yogo pants lol.
Cornbread
Django

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:45 am

This is needed in all school systems.

Paddling to be allowed at Three Rivers Independent School District

http://www.caller.com/story/news/education/2017/07/20/three-rivers-isd-students-get-paddled/464387001/
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Political Plague » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:27 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:This is needed in all school systems.

http://www.caller.com/story/news/education/2017/07/20/three-rivers-isd-students-get-paddled/464387001/

Beat their little asses.
Political Plague

Postby Cate McCalley » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:12 am

Political Plague wrote:
GFunkMoneyDog wrote:This is needed in all school systems.

With
Beat their little asses.

Children learn what they live. 'Beating their asses' teaches them to grow up believing 'beating asses' is the way to resolve issues that cause bad behavior.

Personally I think time out to think about why they are being isolated from their community is more effective.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Legion » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:38 pm

Everyone under the age of 35 attended school when corporal punishment was a option. Presidents, Governors, CEO's and many other strong successful women and men went to school when paddling was a punishment. Kids now days are babied to death.
Legion
Always A Bride

Postby Cate McCalley » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:45 pm

Most parents don't feel it's wrong or damaging to their young children to swat them on the behind a couple of times, to get their attention when their kid is in the throws of a temper tandrum. I've seen toddlers lose their breath throwing a tandrum. A couple of swats on the bottom, to distract them before they reach this unhealthy pitch are necessary, to keep a kid from injuring themselves.

By the time a child is old enough to be in school, the tandrum and inappropriate behavior issues should have already been resolved.

Teachers need to be able to teach academic discipline. Parents are responsible for disciplining their children. Socializing them to interact in a civilized manner with their community.

The problem with corporal punishment is it's propensity to escalate, when it fails to render the desired result. The paddlings may escalate into more severe punishments, i.e., beatings and sometimes brutal assaults.

Study after study on corporal punishment has shown it does more harm than good.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Pappy » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:58 pm

Cate McCalley wrote:Most parents don't feel it's wrong or damaging to their young children to swat them on the behind a couple of times, to get their attention when their kid is in the throws of a temper tandrum. I've seen toddlers lose their breath throwing a tandrum. A couple of swats on the bottom, to distract them before they reach this unhealthy pitch are necessary, to keep a kid from injuring themselves.

By the time a child is old enough to be in school, the tandrum and inappropriate behavior issues should have already been resolved.

Teachers need to be able to teach academic discipline. Parents are responsible for disciplining their children. Socializing them to interact in a civilized manner with their community.

The problem with corporal punishment is it's propensity to escalate, when it fails to render the desired result. The paddlings may escalate into more severe punishments, i.e., beatings and sometimes brutal assaults.

Study after study on corporal punishment has shown it does more harm than good.

One of my teachers hit me across the back with a paddle just because I was looking up her dress she had no drawers on so I was just looking at a man cave.
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Previous

Return to Harlan County Schools