Supreme Court News

Serial Killers, Mass Murder, Unsolved Mysteries, Terrorism. (Description & Links Only)

Supreme Court News

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:33 pm

The Supreme Court made a very wise decision regarding warrantless cell phone searches. I had someone complain to me about a year ago and said the police took his phone and deleted the video he was recording of the traffic stop. They wave me through roadblocks because I'm always recording.

Supreme Court bans warrantless cell phone searches, updates privacy laws

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jun/25/supreme-court-bans-warrantless-cell-phone-searches/
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Re: Supreme Court bans warrantless cell phone searches

Postby ScArEcRoW » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:44 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:The Supreme Court made a very wise decision regarding warrantless cell phone searches. I had someone complain to me about a year ago and said the police took his phone and deleted the video he was recording of the traffic stop. They wave me through roadblocks because I'm always recording.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jun/25/supreme-court-bans-warrantless-cell-phone-searches/

Now we need to get rid of the no knock warrants at 4am. Isn't this the tactic the sheriff's office used on Ivy Hill that ended in a shoot out?
ScArEcRoW
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:28 pm

ScArEcRoW wrote:
GFunkMoneyDog wrote:The Supreme Court made a very wise decision regarding warrantless cell phone searches. I had someone complain to me about a year ago and said the police took his phone and deleted the video he was recording of the traffic stop. They wave me through roadblocks because I'm always recording.

Now we need to get rid of the no knock warrants at 4am. Isn't this the tactic the sheriff's office used on Ivy Hill that ended in a shoot out?

Most 'no knock' warrants end in shootouts, and all should end with the gestapo (police) agents prone on the ground, dying from a bullet wound.!!
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:36 pm

If your kicking in my door, you are doing so through a hail of gunfire. I consider No Knock Warrants to be UnConstitutional, and a recipe for disaster.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Cate McCalley » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:38 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:If your kicking in my door, you are doing so through a hail of gunfire. I consider No Knock Warrants to be UnConstitutional, and a recipe for disaster.

You should know by now, if they want you they will get you. Big Brother doesn't need a warrant or anything that resembles one. If they really want to take you out, you might hear a buzz before you go down, maybe even see that little drone looking like a dragonfly, with a camera eye lining you up in the crosshairs. But rest assured if Big Brother wants to take you out, he doesn't need to kick your door down and come through a hail of gunfire. That kind of thing is messy and draws way too much attention. As for the local Gestapo, I wouldn't worry too much. They have their hands full arresting and jailing those violent, manically pot smokers.

Time & Tide Changes Everything
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Rip Torn » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:05 pm

Cate McCalley wrote:
GFunkMoneyDog wrote:If your kicking in my door, you are doing so through a hail of gunfire. I consider No Knock Warrants to be UnConstitutional, and a recipe for disaster.

You should know by now, if they want you they will get you. Big Brother doesn't need a warrant or anything that resembles one. If they really want to take you out, you might hear a buzz before you go down, maybe even see that little drone looking like a dragonfly, with a camera eye lining you up in the crosshairs. But rest assured if Big Brother wants to take you out, he doesn't need to kick your door down and come through a hail of gunfire. That kind of thing is messy and draws way too much attention. As for the local Gestapo, I wouldn't worry too much. They have their hands full arresting and jailing those violent, manically pot smokers.

You got that right
Rip Torn

Postby CrissyAlwaysSunny » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:00 am

I would be willing to bet that not one officer other than the KSP knows of this ruling.
CrissyAlwaysSunny

Postby GoDan » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:04 pm

I'm just glad they can't have roadblocks lol.
GoDan

Postby GoDan » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:27 pm

Supreme Court of Kentucky to hear arguments Feb. 11-12 in Frankfort

http://kentucky.gov/Pages/Activity-stream.aspx?n=KentuckyCourtofJustice&prId=3
GoDan

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:56 pm

Any warrantless search is unconstitutional...
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby Gopher » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:49 pm

Someone mentioned the KSP. I trust them the least out of all agencies.
Gopher
Carl The Groundskeeper

Postby Cate McCalley » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:26 pm

Supreme Court Justice Scalia, age 79, is dead.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby ScArEcRoW » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:27 am

That's sad on multiple levels.
ScArEcRoW
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:38 am

He was found dead in Texas at a secluded resort known for celebrities. He was against gay marriage, and Obamacare. He as very pro gun. We have some very big court cases coming in the next year. Abortion, voting rights. Affirmative Action, and immigration. No way in hell should they allow Obama to nominate a Supreme Court justice during an election year. That seat should be for the next president regardless which party wins.
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Cate McCalley » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:06 am

Cate McCalley wrote:Supreme Court Justice Scalia, age 79, is dead.

This means Obama will nominate a third Supreme Court Justice before his term ends . I'm sure there a a few candidates waiting in the wings, on notice for several years now. Considering the questionable future of the Justice Bader's, dealing with pancreatic cancer condition & more recently, heart surgery. And the advamced ages of other Justices.

Obama's past successful nominations showed him to be true to his stated philosophy. His preference for a Supreme Court Justice with real life experience is equally important as superior knowledge and understanding of our Constitution.

So far Obama nominations and appointments of two women, both with impressive legal backgrounds and experience in the real world. One from the Bronx, raised by a single mom. And the other the daughter of a middle class attorney & public school teacher. Both of her brother's following their mother's path of publlic school teachers.

Interestly enough now, with the loss of Scalia, the Supreme Court tilts toward liberal. Leading Republicans in Congress have called for Obama not to nominate a Justice, but to leave the nomination to the next President. It's very likely the Senate will block an Obama nomination anyway. No doubt 11 months isn't very long, making for long drawn out ritual and meaningless Senate screenings.

Either way, whether or not Obama can succesfully appoint another Justice, it will have little bearing on the cases before today's Supreme Court. Very important ones, that will impact many issues the Republican right wing has forced into the judical body for a conservative interpretation and ruling. Now that a liberal leaning SCOTUS will decide them, it looks like a lose/lose for the far right. But then again, one never knows.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Next

Return to Crime & Punishment