Ross Stores Petition

Everything relating to Harlan County businesses. Have information or rumors pertaining to a new business? A critique or review of an existing business? Negative or positive, post it here.

Ross Stores Petition

Postby Nikki » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:52 am

I'm back with another petition!! Trying to bring a Ross Store to Harlan. If you haven't seen my post on facebook and haven't signed yet, please click here and do so! https://www.change.org/p/ross-stores-in ... n-kentucky I hope that we can get something like this here! I think it will be useful as far as shopping and even job opportunities!! Spread the word and lets make a change in our county for the better! Thanks for the help guys
If you don't like my opinion, you don't have to read it.
Nikki
(no custom rank chosen)

Re: Ross Stores Petition

Postby goat47 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:22 pm

Nikki wrote:I'm back with another petition!! Trying to bring a Ross Store to Harlan. If you haven't seen my post on facebook and haven't signed yet, please click here and do so! https://www.change.org/p/ross-stores-in ... n-kentucky I hope that we can get something like this here! I think it will be useful as far as shopping and even job opportunities!! Spread the word and lets make a change in our county for the better! Thanks for the help guys

Your as cute as Unbridled Spirit. A petition won't be the reason a retail store opens in Harlan KY. They do a cost analysis, population studies, medium income, and a host of other things. Cost analysis will show that it will cost more to ship products. The populations is decreasing, along with the medium income.
goat47
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:27 pm

goat47 wrote:
Nikki wrote:I'm back with another petition!! Trying to bring a Ross Store to Harlan. If you haven't seen my post on facebook and haven't signed yet, please click here and do so! https://www.change.org/p/ross-stores-in ... n-kentucky I hope that we can get something like this here! I think it will be useful as far as shopping and even job opportunities!! Spread the word and lets make a change in our county for the better! Thanks for the help guys

Your as cute as Unbridled Spirit. A petition won't be the reason a retail store opens in Harlan KY. They do a cost analysis, population studies, medium income, and a host of other things. Cost analysis will show that it will cost more to ship products. The populations is decreasing, along with the medium income.

Median dammit, median income.!!!
Median income is the amount that divides the income distribution into two equal groups, half having income above that amount, and half having income below that amount. Mean income (average) is the amount obtained by dividing the total aggregate income of a group by the number of units in that group.
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:34 pm

No such thing as medium income here. Their is high, and low with little in between.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Legion » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:29 pm

They wouldn't dare move into a town where Walmart dominates.
Legion
Always A Bride

Postby Nikki » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:24 pm

I don't see why they wouldn't come here, and trust me, I'm as smart as I am cute. I've done my research, I know how a petition works. Not to mention, I wouldn't put this much effort out there if I didn't. It's not like I'm posting a picture on my facebook and saying "for every share/like this photo gets, a hospital cures cancer!". I have hope that this county can be turned around and jobs as well as people can be brought back. I would think that anyone in this county would support a possible job opportunity considering the unemployment rates. If you don't have hope for our county then why would you live here? We have to step up and reach out to these companies to achieve anything, because right now, places like us are nothing but another dot on the map. I for one don't want my town to turn into a ghost town full of only tourists. I think that showing all of the support of an actual idea to the company may at least open up their minds to check into a potential business opportunity. Let's face it, money is money and big companies get it wherever they can. But support whatever beliefs you have, these are mine. If you don't want to help out, then don't. Plenty of others are helping out.
Nikki
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:36 pm

I'd like to see somebody open a brothel here somewhere...
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby Gopher » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:48 pm

Nikki wrote:I don't see why they wouldn't come here, and trust me, I'm as smart as I am cute. I've done my research, I know how a petition works. Not to mention, I wouldn't put this much effort out there if I didn't. It's not like I'm posting a picture on my facebook and saying "for every share/like this photo gets, a hospital cures cancer!". I have hope that this county can be turned around and jobs as well as people can be brought back. I would think that anyone in this county would support a possible job opportunity considering the unemployment rates. If you don't have hope for our county then why would you live here? We have to step up and reach out to these companies to achieve anything, because right now, places like us are nothing but another dot on the map. I for one don't want my town to turn into a ghost town full of only tourists. I think that showing all of the support of an actual idea to the company may at least open up their minds to check into a potential business opportunity. Let's face it, money is money and big companies get it wherever they can. But support whatever beliefs you have, these are mine. If you don't want to help out, then don't. Plenty of others are helping out.

It's good to see a young person trying. How about contacting the Fiscal Court so that they can contact said company and offer a favorable package for opening one in this location.
Gopher
Carl The Groundskeeper

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:37 pm

Gopher wrote:
Nikki wrote:I don't see why they wouldn't come here, and trust me, I'm as smart as I am cute. I've done my research, I know how a petition works. Not to mention, I wouldn't put this much effort out there if I didn't. It's not like I'm posting a picture on my facebook and saying "for every share/like this photo gets, a hospital cures cancer!". I have hope that this county can be turned around and jobs as well as people can be brought back. I would think that anyone in this county would support a possible job opportunity considering the unemployment rates. If you don't have hope for our county then why would you live here? We have to step up and reach out to these companies to achieve anything, because right now, places like us are nothing but another dot on the map. I for one don't want my town to turn into a ghost town full of only tourists. I think that showing all of the support of an actual idea to the company may at least open up their minds to check into a potential business opportunity. Let's face it, money is money and big companies get it wherever they can. But support whatever beliefs you have, these are mine. If you don't want to help out, then don't. Plenty of others are helping out.

It's good to see a young person trying. How about contacting the Fiscal Court so that they can contact said company and offer a favorable package for opening one in this location.

It'll be okay till they see what kind of rent they want out there at the mall... Thirty times more than anywhere else...
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby Demon Hunter » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:48 pm

Not only the rent but they own all the property up and down the bypass. I think Tractor Supply purchased the last piece of land they don't own.
Demon Hunter

Postby Gunslinger » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:15 pm

Angry Whiteguy wrote:I'd like to see somebody open a brothel here somewhere...

I would like to see you shut your mouth!
Gunslinger
Crooked Hillary

Postby Nikki » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:40 pm

LOL Maybe Ross can handle the rental rates at the mall.. Who knows! All I know is we need something in those two vacant buildings and that would be perfect. Not to mention we need more job opportunities.
Nikki
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Jasmine » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:51 pm

I wish more people cared
Jasmine
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:31 pm

Gunslinger wrote:
Angry Whiteguy wrote:I'd like to see somebody open a brothel here somewhere...

I would like to see you shut your mouth!

Why don't you shut it for me bitch?!?!!??
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:33 pm

Nikki wrote:LOL Maybe Ross can handle the rental rates at the mall.. Who knows! All I know is we need something in those two vacant buildings and that would be perfect. Not to mention we need more job opportunities.

I'm not arguing with you... I'll stand behind you till your chest caves in, then lead you when you run... I'm just playing devils advocate...
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Next

Return to Harlan County Businesses