FOOD CITY DELI

Everything relating to Harlan County businesses. Have information or rumors pertaining to a new business? A critique or review of an existing business? Negative or positive, post it here.

Re: FOOD CITY DELI

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:41 pm

~CJ~ wrote:
Jack Rabbit wrote:
BabyBlue wrote:Best meat in town is food city.Their deli is good too.

That Deli sucks. :shock:


I agree with you JR. The service is poor.

I don't think I want any meat that's been hauled all over the United States and thawed and refrozen a half dozen times, then priced triple what it is everywhere else... Course if you got lots of money don't guess it matters... They are the only store that sells rabbit tho... Tough old dried out carcasses too...
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
User avatar
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl
 
Posts: 15725
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:25 pm
Location: The Dark Side Of The Moon

Re: FOOD CITY DELI

Postby BabyBlue » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:57 pm

I have always got good service and the meat was fresh.I got some cajun turkey from dons one time and when i got home and opened up the bag it smelled really bad.Kahns balogne from food city is always fresh.I like the fact that they have alot of stuff that i used to buy in the city.I dont have to travel to get certain ingredients.I can get good brisket there and nice looking ribs.
Don't Drink and Drive. The life you save could be your own.
BabyBlue
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:04 am
Location: Harlan

Re: FOOD CITY DELI

Postby ~CJ~ » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:00 pm

Things may have changed since the last time I was in there (many years ago). The service was poor each time I went in there and the final straw was when I bought some roast beef from the deli. It was spoiled and I didn't notice it until I got home. I took it back there and I was treated rudely.
~CJ~
 

Re: FOOD CITY DELI

Postby Meadow » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:13 pm

The service at Food City deli is poor. There are very few employees that will come out to help you. I have stood there 15 minutes before. I will just stick to Wal Mart I guess. They get all my money anyway, why not? LOL
User avatar
Meadow
 
Posts: 1335
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:36 am

Re: FOOD CITY DELI

Postby retiredat63 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:59 pm

I have to agree with you about the service at the Deli in Food City. Toooooooo slow! Sometimes the clerks just ignore me, other times they are prompt. I suggest the store managers spend a little more time in that area. I like the store.....but hate the waiting!
retiredat63
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:34 pm

Re: FOOD CITY DELI

Postby Jennifer » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:15 am

Food City is over priced and under staffed. I loved being able to get "specialized ingredients" for the delish dishes I make, but anymore its not worth it.. Don's is the only place for me.. If I'm paying with cash money, I expect a certain creed of service. Food City does not supply this.. If I have cash in hand, I'm not waiting 10 mins to be waited on.
Image
Bring me your abused,bring me your lost souls looking for a home.Bring me the weak and sick,bring me the forgotten ones huddled on the street.{RB}
User avatar
Jennifer
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 1413
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:29 pm

Re: FOOD CITY DELI

Postby Jack Rabbit » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:28 am

Jennifer wrote:Food City is over priced and under staffed. I loved being able to get "specialized ingredients" for the delish dishes I make, but anymore its not worth it.. Don's is the only place for me.. If I'm paying with cash money, I expect a certain creed of service. Food City does not supply this.. If I have cash in hand, I'm not waiting 10 mins to be waited on.

Whats that mean someone with a food stamp card should have to wait ?
User avatar
Jack Rabbit
 
Posts: 4896
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:14 pm
Location: Hell

Re: FOOD CITY DELI

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:03 pm

Jack Rabbit wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Food City is over priced and under staffed. I loved being able to get "specialized ingredients" for the delish dishes I make, but anymore its not worth it.. Don's is the only place for me.. If I'm paying with cash money, I expect a certain creed of service. Food City does not supply this.. If I have cash in hand, I'm not waiting 10 mins to be waited on.

Whats that mean someone with a food stamp card should have to wait ?

I think so... I think they should do it willingly out of respect to the people that paid for them "foodies"...
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
User avatar
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl
 
Posts: 15725
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:25 pm
Location: The Dark Side Of The Moon

Re: FOOD CITY DELI

Postby RAP » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:11 pm

You know what you can kiss Jaw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Happiness keeps you sweet, Trials keeps you strong, Sorrows keeps you human, Life keeps you humble, Success keeps you glowing, But true friends keep you going.
User avatar
RAP
The Waltons
 
Posts: 6592
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: FOOD CITY DELI

Postby BabyBlue » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:33 pm

I went to dons a couple of weeks ago to get some french bread and it had mold on it,so did the cake.Never had that problem with food city.Every time i go to food city everybody that works there is curtious.One day i was in there and a worker was in the same isle i was in stocking the selves,i was looking for poopy seeds.Didnt ask for help,i like to look as hard as i can before i bother for help.The worker saw i couldnt find it so she came over and ask me if i needed help and she found them in 2 seconds.In the same isle i musta been distracted cause i couldnt find nothing.She asked me if i needed anything else and i needed peanut oil and she found that in 2 seconds.If i had to find them on my own i'd been there an extra hour.lol
Don't Drink and Drive. The life you save could be your own.
BabyBlue
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:04 am
Location: Harlan

Re: FOOD CITY DELI

Postby stress kills » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:45 pm

Gas is 3.25 in Pennington so it's still cheaper to go to super Wal-Mart than Harlan
stress kills
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:03 pm

Re: FOOD CITY DELI

Postby RAP » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:54 pm

Don's stinks, you can smell it as soon as you walk in the door. Food city is a bunch of rude jerks, but they do have a good variety of foods. Macks I love but they are to high. Save a lot is great for some food items but lousy on others. K Mart is cheaper on most items I buy a lot of but don't have everything I need. So what do I do? I go to get the sales at them all and take what I can get the cheapest at all these bad grocery stores. Works for me...........
Happiness keeps you sweet, Trials keeps you strong, Sorrows keeps you human, Life keeps you humble, Success keeps you glowing, But true friends keep you going.
User avatar
RAP
The Waltons
 
Posts: 6592
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: FOOD CITY DELI

Postby RAP » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:07 pm

I just wanted to come back on and ask if anyone knows what happened to Chase? I miss her and have asked about her before and no one answered me.
Happiness keeps you sweet, Trials keeps you strong, Sorrows keeps you human, Life keeps you humble, Success keeps you glowing, But true friends keep you going.
User avatar
RAP
The Waltons
 
Posts: 6592
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: FOOD CITY DELI

Postby BabyBlue » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:49 pm

RAP wrote:Don's stinks, you can smell it as soon as you walk in the door. Food city is a bunch of rude jerks, but they do have a good variety of foods. Macks I love but they are to high. Save a lot is great for some food items but lousy on others. K Mart is cheaper on most items I buy a lot of but don't have everything I need. So what do I do? I go to get the sales at them all and take what I can get the cheapest at all these bad grocery stores. Works for me...........

You can also print out coupons on your comper.I save from 30 to 50 every time i go shopping.I'm not ashamed to use coupons.I find the items on sell at my favorite store then i go to the website and get the latest coupons.
Don't Drink and Drive. The life you save could be your own.
BabyBlue
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:04 am
Location: Harlan

Re: FOOD CITY DELI

Postby BabyBlue » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:50 pm

stress kills wrote:Gas is 3.25 in Pennington so it's still cheaper to go to super Wal-Mart than Harlan

I love super walmart.
Don't Drink and Drive. The life you save could be your own.
BabyBlue
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:04 am
Location: Harlan

PreviousNext

Return to Harlan County Businesses

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests