FOOD CITY DELI

Everything relating to Harlan County businesses. Have information or rumors pertaining to a new business? A critique or review of an existing business? Negative or positive, post it here.

FOOD CITY DELI

Postby Chase » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:57 pm

We have discussed this before on the forum, but is anyone still having trouble getting waited on at Food City Deli? I wanted to get some cheese and roast beef from the deli today and stood there for at least ten minutes. The lady who works with the cakes was there and another lady was there and they continued to have a conversation between the two of them and pretend to not see the customer waiting in line and myself. I can't believe they did not see us because we were just three feet away from them.

I like Food City and shop there often sometimes three to four times a week. I just can't figure out why they try to make themselves appear busy and not at least help the customers that are standing at the deli case. Do they think we just like to look inside a glass with all kinds of good looking food there or do they not want to sell that food? What is the problem with the employees back there in the deli. They are always cleaning or wiping off the equipment but never seem to want to help the customers. (Maybe I am having a first of the month meltdown. LOL :? . But I think that deli is one sorry part of Food City. Just my opinion!

By the way......the other customer and me walked away without getting waited on. I think they were so relieved when we did walk away. The other customer said he was getting in touch with the manager......I told him it wouldn't do any good.....LOL :lol:
Chase
(no custom rank chosen)

Re: FOOD CITY DELI

Postby Guest74 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:08 pm

And that is exactly why I shop at Don's.
Guest74

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:01 pm

They will just look up at you and continue doing what they are doing, and not ask if you need help.

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:05 pm

Chase wrote:We have discussed this before on the forum, but is anyone still having trouble getting waited on at Food City Deli? I wanted to get some cheese and roast beef from the deli today and stood there for at least ten minutes. The lady who works with the cakes was there and another lady was there and they continued to have a conversation between the two of them and pretend to not see the customer waiting in line and myself. I can't believe they did not see us because we were just three feet away from them.

I like Food City and shop there often sometimes three to four times a week. I just can't figure out why they try to make themselves appear busy and not at least help the customers that are standing at the deli case. Do they think we just like to look inside a glass with all kinds of good looking food there or do they not want to sell that food? What is the problem with the employees back there in the deli. They are always cleaning or wiping off the equipment but never seem to want to help the customers. (Maybe I am having a first of the month meltdown. LOL :? . But I think that deli is one sorry part of Food City. Just my opinion!

By the way......the other customer and me walked away without getting waited on. I think they were so relieved when we did walk away. The other customer said he was getting in touch with the manager......I told him it wouldn't do any good.....LOL :lol:

You got that kind of money..? I can't afford anything in Food City...
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby campee » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:11 pm

I have never voiced a compliant with the manager that steps were promptly taken to satisfy me.

I shopped there the other day and got home without my scandal sheets, star, etc missing (panic almost set in) haha. I called, talked to the manager and she told me she would bring them to me on her lunch break!! After talking with her, I did another search and did find them, called her and apologized. The fact she was willing to do that really surprised me.

The only problem I have is the milk spoiling before the expiration date.
campee

Postby RAP » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:12 am

I like Food City because of the diversity of products. If ever I go to their deli and someone was there that treated me as Chase and others were, {I am not as nice as Chase} I would have very respectfully asked the two standing there if they worked there or did I need to get an employee to help me. According to the answer I recieved would determine my next step. Never would I allow my time to be wasted waiting for two inconsiderate jerks. If they were busy taking care of customers I would wait and never think a thing about it but to be totally ignored, not on your life!!!!
Happiness keeps you sweet, Trials keeps you strong, Sorrows keeps you human, Life keeps you humble, Success keeps you glowing, But true friends keep you going.
RAP
The Waltons

Postby Joyce » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:39 am

http://www.food city .com

State your complaint..Identify any employees by name if you noticed..Sign your name with address and phone number. This goes to corporate so identify the store by location. You will get attention......
If folks will do this, we will see changes in the store employees attitude.We get this treatment because we tolerate it.
Joyce

Postby Chase » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:35 pm

I really don't like to make complaints on employees unless they are extremely rude. If this was the first time this has happened in the deli I would totally forget about it and go about my business, but there have been too many complaints about not getting waited on and being ignored totally. It would only take five seconds to say to a customer, "I will be with you in a minute." That never happens in Food City deli. Some had rather wipe off a counter or wipe off a machine and wipe off a case than say those few little words. When the wipeing stops they will just move on out of sight until someone else comes out the door and starts to wipe the same case and counter and machine. LOL......Guess I will just have to make the next deli trip to Don's.
Chase
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Meadow » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:35 am

I shop at Food City a majority of the time, but never shop at Dons. If they have something I want that is on sale, then I may go there. Max is expensive, however, I do shop for my meat there. It is cheaper there and I have found that it is better quality. To be honest, most of the time, I go across the mountain to Jonesville Wal Mart supercenter if I'm going to do alot of grocery shopping. Since gas prices have continued to rise, I do that less. But I find more of a selection at better prices there. It is worth a little more in gas for me sometimes to get what I want, and I end up saving in the long run.
Meadow

Postby Jack Rabbit » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:51 am

Meadow wrote:I go across the mountain to Jonesville Wal Mart supercenter if I'm going to do alot of grocery shopping. .

I was in their Monday and I really like the store and they have a good tire service center cause thats why I was over their. ;)
Jack Rabbit

Postby Meadow » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:52 am

I like it because its not shoulder to shoulder packed every time I go there, the way the Harlan one is. It is a very nice store :)
Meadow

Postby Jack Rabbit » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:55 am

Meadow wrote:I like it because its not shoulder to shoulder packed every time I go there, the way the Harlan one is. It is a very nice store :)

Yes it is quiet roomy.
Jack Rabbit

Postby BabyBlue » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:45 pm

Best meat in town is food city.Their deli is good too.
Don't Drink and Drive. The life you save could be your own.
BabyBlue

Postby Jack Rabbit » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:50 pm

BabyBlue wrote:Best meat in town is food city.Their deli is good too.

That Deli sucks. :shock:
Jack Rabbit

Postby ~CJ~ » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:13 pm

Jack Rabbit wrote:
BabyBlue wrote:Best meat in town is food city.Their deli is good too.

That Deli sucks. :shock:

I agree with you JR. The service is poor.
~CJ~

Next

Return to Harlan County Businesses