gasoline prices

Everything relating to Harlan County businesses. Have information or rumors pertaining to a new business? A critique or review of an existing business? Negative or positive, post it here.

Re: gasoline prices

Postby guest » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:37 am

FYI

Middlesboro Kroger $2.25

Pilot $2.35

Harlan yesterday $2.68

If we "all" went to Middlesboro to do all of our shopping, maybe some of the businessess in Harlan would start pressuring the oil companies here to get more in line with their pricing.

Why do we accept this?

Postby Jacqueline » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:07 pm

$2.61 today in Cumberland at Joy and Speedway.
Jacqueline
Jacqueline
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Aracely » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:21 pm

High gas prices make people stop and think about their commute. This will affect the US economy by reducing value of properties in outer commuting zones around the cities, and depress rural property values.
Aracely

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:45 am

Aracely wrote:High gas prices make people stop and think about their commute. This will affect the US economy by reducing value of properties in outer commuting zones around the cities, and depress rural property values.

Gas prices are depressing the hell outta me too...
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby the fluke » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:25 am

It is a bad sign when you see gas prices drop that much, it means the ecconomy will drop. No war( which may not last long with all the ships setting up waiting for IRAN> oilh as dropped coal prices are dropping. jobs are being lost. :(
the fluke
the fluke
Mountain Man

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:32 am

Just some depressing news to go with the cold weather. :D
Gas prices are highest ever for this time of year

http://www.cnbc.com/id/46439046

Saudi Arabia Cuts Oil Output, Export: Industry Report

http://www.cnbc.com/id/46445698

Oil prices at nine month high

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/oil-prices-at-nine-month-high-after-iran-dispute-7220892.html
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby RAP » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:40 am

Do the branding while the iron is hot.......... noone can do anything about it right now.
Happiness keeps you sweet, Trials keeps you strong, Sorrows keeps you human, Life keeps you humble, Success keeps you glowing, But true friends keep you going.
RAP
The Waltons

Postby Love » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:20 am

2.48 in Kingsport.
Love

Postby Still Standing » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:07 pm

Love wrote:2.48 in Kingsport.

If that is at the damned Valero across from Texas Roadhouse watch out.... I got bad gas there about a week ago.... My truck ran fine over there and up until 5 mins after I got gas there..... then it started sputtering and idleing funny..... a fill up costed way more than it should have after I had to get it fixed....
You may tell me where to go , but there ain't nobody going to tell me what to do.
My giva damn's busted....
Still Standing
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Wild » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:03 pm

That is something you have to watch when your getting your gas in VA or TN now. They have a "special" blend that HAS to be sold in that area. The pumps will tell you how much ethonal (?) it has in the gas now. That has something to do with the newer cars being built. I said a few years ago they started that with the big rigs and now (about 2 yrs ago) they started it with the cars and trucks. In my car it did the same thing. You would have thought I had pumped desiel into it instead of the unleaded. The BP's, Shells, and one other that is red and blue companies is selling it over there.. but If you fill up at a truck stop you can still get the regular fuel. They haven't converted to the blend yet.
People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one, sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. -Marilyn
Negative people will bring you down. Positive people will bring you up... Make the right choice of the people you have in your life.
Wild
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Bushwhacker » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:44 am

Thanks to Obama and the liberals, the gas prices will go higher and higher. I feel that he and his group of supporters deserve a lot of the blame for not allowing the pipe line from Canada and not drilling here int the U.S.A. By the time he finishes another term in office, our country will be no more! :evil:
Bushwhacker

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:03 pm

"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:11 pm

Where's all them people that was screaming bloody murder about gas prices when Bush was in office.??
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:45 pm

Joe Average Whiteguy wrote:Where's all them people that was screaming bloody murder about gas prices when Bush was in office.??

Maybe the government is giving away gas cards. If Obama has his way it won't be long until all vehicles will be equipped with a solar sun roof, a small wind mill to replace the antenna, with a small garden in the truck growing corn. The stalks will not be in any danger because the top speed of the car will be 18 miles per hour.
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:29 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:
Joe Average Whiteguy wrote:Where's all them people that was screaming bloody murder about gas prices when Bush was in office.??

Maybe the government is giving away gas cards. If Obama has his way it won't be long until all vehicles will be equipped with a solar sun roof, a small wind mill to replace the antenna, with a small garden in the truck growing corn. The stalks will not be in any danger because the top speed of the car will be 18 miles per hour.

Nah, you'll have to buy your corn from government operated farms... They have almost outlawed home gardening...
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

PreviousNext

Return to Harlan County Businesses