Museum

Everything relating to Harlan County businesses. Have information or rumors pertaining to a new business? A critique or review of an existing business? Negative or positive, post it here.

Re: Museum

Postby goat47 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:07 pm

With Harlan's illustrious name a Liquor Distillery/Museum would be a windfall.
goat47
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Cate McCalley » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:49 pm

goat47 wrote:With Harlan's illustrious name a Liquor Distillery/Museum would be a windfall.

A huge moonshine profitable distillery even better!

Time & Tide Changes Everything
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:00 pm

I saw something on my travels west recently that would be huge here, and inexpensive compared to other projects... All it was; two slides and a pool... Not ordinary slides... They were long, steep, and flipped up at the pool end... No water park, no zipline, no nothing else... Just them two slides and the pool, and people were lined up outside the gate... I'm searching for a video of it or one like it... It was simple, inexpensive and doable, so Harlan county is already eliminated from that idea... I only knew one chimney builder in my life that started his at the top... Most of the rest started at the ground and worked up... That's what this would be, the ground...
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby Rango » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:35 pm

Angry Whiteguy wrote:I saw something on my travels west recently that would be huge here, and inexpensive compared to other projects... All it was; two slides and a pool... Not ordinary slides... They were long, steep, and flipped up at the pool end... No water park, no zipline, no nothing else... Just them two slides and the pool, and people were lined up outside the gate... I'm searching for a video of it or one like it... It was simple, inexpensive and doable, so Harlan county is already eliminated from that idea... I only knew one chimney builder in my life that started his at the top... Most of the rest started at the ground and worked up... That's what this would be, the ground...

Was it something like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMPMzhglGoo
Rango
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:42 pm

Rango wrote:
Angry Whiteguy wrote:I saw something on my travels west recently that would be huge here, and inexpensive compared to other projects... All it was; two slides and a pool... Not ordinary slides... They were long, steep, and flipped up at the pool end... No water park, no zipline, no nothing else... Just them two slides and the pool, and people were lined up outside the gate... I'm searching for a video of it or one like it... It was simple, inexpensive and doable, so Harlan county is already eliminated from that idea... I only knew one chimney builder in my life that started his at the top... Most of the rest started at the ground and worked up... That's what this would be, the ground...

Was it something like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMPMzhglGoo

Yep, that's it.... That five hundred grand would probably go a long way on something like this, and I'm positive it would be a moneymaker... That is if the you know what is still you know where...
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby WildmanLivesOn » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:02 pm

Of everything I've ever seen on the Playhouse, this is by far one of the better ideas!
WildmanLivesOn

Postby den » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:41 am

I saw one on fb an they where lined up wanting to get in
den

Postby Legion » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:40 pm

Thats awesome.
Legion
Always A Bride

Postby Jasmine » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:50 pm

That is so cool!

Are they thinking about a museum in Harlan?
Jasmine
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Pappy » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:13 pm

Jasmine wrote:That is so cool!

Are they thinking about a museum in Harlan?

Not thinking their building one if they can catch another Doctor and get another $500,000.00 like they got for the Water Park.Great place to splash in don't you think?
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby Gopher » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:27 pm

Angry Whiteguy wrote:
fillyjo13 wrote:I am aware that there is a museum in benham. I was just saying it should be one in HArlan city. It would be good for tourism and easier for some to visit.

They could have a display of tumbleweeds in there... Harlan city is like Tombstone Junction right after it burned to the ground...

More and more tumbleweeds line the city's sidewalks these days.
Gopher
Carl The Groundskeeper

Previous

Return to Harlan County Businesses